Recovery Gear Locations

joker2041

Adventurer
For guys with the Double Cab Toyota tacomas pre-2005 models, where do you stash your recovery gear? I have noticed in my 2003 DC, that there is really no room due to the way the seats fit flush against the cab. I need some ideas on how to cure this.

I dont want to put a tool box in the bed either, as I already have my spare tire carrier in the bed.

Thanks!

7wt

Expedition Leader
It's kinda hard to tell you the truth. I had mine in a couple Action Packers in the bed of my truck before I got the toolbox. Of all the different bed configurations I have had, the tool box has been the best bar none.

I just looked at your truck and you have all the room in the world for a toolbox. Your tire carrier looks like it sits far enough back to get all sorts if different brands of boxes back there.

ol' scott

Adventurer
I know I stashed most of that stuff behind the back seats in our '04 double cab. The seats pulled forward and left enough room for most stuff. I assume the seats don't tilt forward in the '03?

joker2041

Adventurer
I know I stashed most of that stuff behind the back seats in our '04 double cab. The seats pulled forward and left enough room for most stuff. I assume the seats don't tilt forward in the '03?

The seats do fold down. There seems to be little room behind the seats though. I might have to look at that space again. I didnt test fit anything. It just appeared right off the bat that it was to small of an area.

joker2041

Adventurer
It's kinda hard to tell you the truth. I had mine in a couple Action Packers in the bed of my truck before I got the toolbox. Of all the different bed configurations I have had, the tool box has been the best bar none.

I just looked at your truck and you have all the room in the world for a toolbox. Your tire carrier looks like it sits far enough back to get all sorts if different brands of boxes back there.

I do have enough room for a tool box, but I want to keep the little bit of bed space I have left for when I have to occasionally haul stuff. Which seems to happen more often than not.

PHXtaco

Adventurer
What do you mean there is no room behind the seats?

In addition to the factory jack & tool kit I have:
2 socket sets, a screw driver set, pliers, giant crescent wrench & pliers, folding tree saw with 2nd metal blade, hand axe, jumper cables, winch controller, gloves, tow strap, tree trunk strap, snatch block, air compressor line, extra tie down straps, duct tape, spare belts & radiator hose, zip ties, spare fuses, TP, paper towels, hand wipes, 2 cans of fix of flat (tire plugs are in the rear door pockets), brake fluid, a mini fire extinguisher (have a full size mounted on the cab pillar), MREs (plus a 1 liter bottle of water on either side of the seat bench), bag-o-dryer lint for fire starting… oh, and shoe horn to fit everything in :sombrero:

And under the font seats makes great storage too!

873405818_qWGJ9-M.jpg

873405835_4fKwM-M.jpg

873405848_7xKG2-M.jpg

joker2041

Adventurer
2 socket sets, a screw driver set, pliers, giant crescent wrench & pliers, folding tree saw with 2nd metal blade, hand axe, jumper cables, winch controller, gloves, tow strap, tree trunk strap, snatch block, air compressor line, extra tie down straps, duct tape, spare belts & radiator hose, zip ties, spare fuses, TP, paper towels, hand wipes, 2 cans of fix of flat (tire plugs are in the rear door pockets), brake fluid, a mini fire extinguisher (have a full size mounted on the cab pillar), MREs (plus a 1 liter bottle of water on either side of the seat bench), bag-o-dryer lint for fire starting… oh, and shoe horn to fit everything in :sombrero:

873405818_qWGJ9-M.jpg

873405835_4fKwM-M.jpg

873405848_7xKG2-M.jpg

That booger is packed! I guess I can fit a few things in there!....... :Wow1:

hoist00

Observer

873405818_qWGJ9-M.jpg

873405835_4fKwM-M.jpg

873405848_7xKG2-M.jpg

Holy crap that looks exactly like whats behind my back seat. Winch remote, belts, compressor hose etc...

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
This is a great idea if they make one for your truck, I have tried a lot of things but this is the best I have found so far.

chevHuntCleanBig.jpg

Here is the web site

They also make a locking version.

Photomike

That to me sounds like a reason to upgrade:wings::wings::wings:

This from a guy who has a 2002 GMC that he loves.

joker2041

Adventurer
That to me sounds like a reason to upgrade:wings::wings::wings:

This from a guy who has a 2002 GMC that he loves.

Full size = :(

Now get back over there to the fullsize forum!!! :sombrero:

p.s. I did have a 2003 Z71 Tahoe and now have a Tacoma so I did upgrade!!!

Box Rocket

I'm interested in seeing more options for the first Gen DC's too. I'm brainstorming the same issue right now with my own truck. I use my truck be to haul things pretty frequently to permanent mounting in the bed could be inconvenient for me, but I'll have to explore this further.

I'd love to see more ideas and pics.

Photomike

Full size = :(

Now get back over there to the fullsize forum!!! :sombrero:

p.s. I did have a 2003 Z71 Tahoe and now have a Tacoma so I did upgrade!!!

Sorry, I was on the full size forum. It is just that my truck is so large I sometimes overflow to other forums.:sombrero::sombrero::smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh