Red October Build

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
sorry for the delay! tires work great and are awesome! now i can start adventuring a little bit :)

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
they're awesome. pretty quiet and awesome street traction, even in the rain. we'll see how they do offroad, but im sure they'll be awesome there too

DuvaFX4

Thats good to hear im looking for some all terrains for when mickey T MTZ's run low there really smooth for a mud terrain great offroad but they humm a little bit, and i think AT's will give me a little MPG back. Are you in the marine corps i saw the danners you had in one of your photos and was curious.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
i actually had to go through all of the pictures ive posted just to find the one that has a shot of my boots in it, and i have to say just to be able to tell a brand and style of boot just from the toe wrap is impressive :D

but no, im not a marine - wanted to be in the air force but i cant fly because of my eyes unfortunately.

look at the Duratracs, those are fantastic ATs

Last edited:

DuvaFX4

Haha yeah thats one thing the marine corps tought me attention to detail and plus i get those boots for free everytime i deploy so i know what they look like!!! Im gonna check out those duratracks for sure keep us posted on the build! Any gears going in?

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
i want to put a set of 4.56's in, but its going to be a long time before i can get to that. i need to take care of other more pressing issues first before i start dropping big money into my truck again.

Madmaxwell87

Observer
Do you do more city or highway driving? If its more city and off road go 4.56. If you want mileage at highway speeds you'll want 4.10s

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Do you do more city or highway driving? If its more city and off road go 4.56. If you want mileage at highway speeds you'll want 4.10s

what he said, dont fear the gear. i had 4.88's in my Jeep and i wished every day that there was some way i could have crammed 5.38s in it :bike_rider:

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Not to shift this away from truck talk, but Danners are the best boots I've ever had. I'm on my 5th pair!

i love mine, i have 2 pairs for 2 different applications. i have these USMC RAT's and the Grouse with the airbob sole. fantastic boots! have you seen their new Mt Hood series? those are neat

helcaraxe

i love mine, i have 2 pairs for 2 different applications. i have these USMC RAT's and the Grouse with the airbob sole. fantastic boots! have you seen their new Mt Hood series? those are neat

I haven't seen them! I have been loyal to the Danner Striker GTX... So light weight and awesome once they're broken in. I've been using them at work for nearly 10 years

DuvaFX4

what he said, dont fear the gear. i had 4.88's in my Jeep and i wished every day that there was some way i could have crammed 5.38s in it :bike_rider:

I don't really fear it i want 4.56s, but I'm only hesitant on it because i want to keep it a little reasonable on fuel economy on the highway, I average about 16 on the highway and in town its just to crappy to pay attention to so i don't really care about city. If i could keep it around there I'm going with the 4.56s. Trucks are gas hog's i know thats the only type of vehicle i have ever owned but I still want to keep it decent especially with gas being 3.55 around here. That's why a diesel is definitely the motor of choice in my next truck, fuel economy, pure grunt, longevity can't beat it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater