Red October Build

hovenator

Explorer
Great looking truck! I love the build and much of what you have done can be applied to almost anyone's vehicle. Great job.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
yay!

more updates:

b8efb638.jpg

d75b16d1.jpg

Primed

black is on. its still VERY wet. like just got done spraying wet - so its super shiny.

b292c87e.jpg

e640b206.jpg

where i had to trim
b13f5c6a.jpg

5b18a90c.jpg

then, got the last coat of black on and the index cards removed

02149279.jpg

0d9de458.jpg

Here is the final finish, they're laying in the sun to dry.

00bd5e2c.jpg

its too bad its going to rain tomorrow, i'll have to leave my truck filthy for these pictures

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0008-2.jpg

also - i ordered my exhuast thanks to the tax man. Magnaflow PRO series Off-Road

TheGuyJones

Observer
Wheels turned out great. I would like to do mine someday if I decide to keep stock versus getting aftermarket wheels when I do finally get some bigger tires.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
the mount needs to be rebuilt and strengthened laterally. it bounces all over the place. its on the to do list and i have just been so swamped lately with stuff i havnt had a chance to get to it yet

i can say though that i removed the night shades from the Hella 700's because of it reducing the light output by about 75%, however the amount of night shades on the fogs are significantly less because of the way the lens is

not a good call for forward lights IMO

alexfm

Explorer
I really like those painted wheels! Although, I think I woulda painted em white. :sombrero: But thats just me, they look great in black too. :D

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
some months later, an update appears!

i ended up pulling the entire light system out. i wasn't pleased with how everything came together. it became a rats nest and not up to my standards of clean. so i decided that when money comes available a new bumper with an exterior Vision X 40" LED bar will get installed and just solve forward lighting all together in one deft stroke.

in other news:

i pulled the stock FX4 fender flares today for some paint. this mod has been on my mind for a few months now and I've finally gotten to it. i can say that the 1 million clips that hold these things on are just about the biggest pain in the *** I've dealt with in quite some time.

IMG_2335.jpg

unfortunately by the time the paint was dry enough to go back on, it was dark out - so fresh pics in the morning for that.

secondly, I've been doing some research on sound resonation and the mechanics of sound waves and did a few modifications to the magnapack setup and reinstalled it. no drone!

and for ****s and giggles i thought id post up a video of what the 12th gen 5.4 3 valve sounds like with no muffler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zylGN7MHd-A

and then, there is a stationary video of the magnaflow setup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4umgOJoGGHo

i'll see if i can't tomorrow get a running video for anyone who is interested

dondonraiden

yay!

DSC_0008-2.jpg

also - i ordered my exhuast thanks to the tax man. Magnaflow PRO series Off-Road

When I saw this picture, it made me pee a little with excitement ;) I had just been talking with my wife about how we needed to upgrade to 35's on my rig.

Sure makes my baby 33" grabbers look itty bitty.
IMG_0245.jpg

Looks like you have the same ideas and functionality with your rig that I do. Sub'd and following!

Attachments

• IMG_0243.JPG
    IMG_0243.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
nice sunny day:

66700204.jpg

e673aa02.jpg

9e721d2c.jpg

im pretty pleased with it, though im sure it would look better with some metallic flake in it (tuxedo black)

anyway, im really happy with the exhaust now. its still a bit loud but i get a its buttery smooth. and on another note i ordered an AFE CAI today at a massively discounted price. ive always been pro-OEM filter systems as K&N's suck massively, but when AEV introduced their Pro-dry filter system a couple years ago they converted me to a believer in their system. im hoping to have it by friday.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
thanks. im hoping to do a couple camping trips with it this fall, finally let it stretch its legs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach