Relay box recommendations

bkg

Explorer
Hey all...

I see a great deal about fuse blocks on here... but I'm looking for a relay block.... preferably one that has a single 0-4 gauge single power option. While a fuse block is nice, I also want to keep relays neat... think lights, ARB compressor, etc.

Searches online have turned up little... so I turn to thee....

mjohn617

Spod makes some package systems, they are not cheap and I think only accommodate up to 6 relays. I am in the same situation, I have been considering going with the Bussmann RTMR fuse/relay blocks. I would like to build my own system rather than a proprietary component of some of the Off-Road solutions on the market.

austintaco

Explorer
Not high tech, but I cut a piece of black cutting board and attached it to the top of the under hood fuse box cover. My blue sea fuse block and my relays are attached to the cutting board and I cut all of my wires to a length that allows the stock cover to "hinge" over to access those if needed.

bkg

Explorer
Spod makes some package systems, they are not cheap and I think only accommodate up to 6 relays. I am in the same situation, I have been considering going with the Bussmann RTMR fuse/relay blocks. I would like to build my own system rather than a proprietary component of some of the Off-Road solutions on the market.

SPOD is out of.the question for me...

bkg

Explorer
Not high tech, but I cut a piece of black cutting board and attached it to the top of the under hood fuse box cover. My blue sea fuse block and my relays are attached to the cutting board and I cut all of my wires to a length that allows the stock cover to "hinge" over to access those if needed.

Pics?

fbksurferjoe

Adventurer
That bussman looks like a killer option with all the waterproof connections although i believe you put those on yourself. I went with the hella version and am very happy with it.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
That bussman looks like a killer option with all the waterproof connections although i believe you put those on yourself. I went with the hella version and am very happy with it.

Gotta build it all from scratch. I did my first one. Let someone else do the one above to save me some time.

bkg

Explorer
Bussman is the way to go. Can get one that holds 10 relays even and 20 fuses. I love mine. Write up here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...x4-Frankensteins-Helper?p=2211888#post2211888

BussmanDitchlights-5.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Here is a great resource on all the parts tool and how to build a box just like my photo shows.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/diy-build-and-install-a-bussmann-rtmr-fuse-relay-block.399454/

That's killer... Looks like a LOT of time went into that!

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
That's killer... Looks like a LOT of time went into that!

They take some time to setup. But it is well worth it. Makes for a super clean install. I really like them. And they are weather sealed and quiet small as they use mini relays and fuses. Highly recommend.

fbksurferjoe

Adventurer
If that isn't installed yet all of those grounds can be linked together except for the longer one. Will be far less to connect to your fuse box.

fbksurferjoe

Adventurer
The only limitation to a relay box with waterproof connections is the wire size. For large amperage draws, like light bars you may have a lot of voltage drop on 16 guage wire

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77