Remote/Advice

DoubleHaul01

Hey all,
I am currently working in the outdoor recreation industry in a management role, but seek some type of remote work to be able to travel and see the beauties that lie out there. I come from an outdoor/environmental education background where I believe the best way to get people to care about the natural spaces is to let them experience it for themselves! With time I realized an avenue to make this a reality for people is through outdoor recreation, in my case mountain biking (and overlanding), but this has hindered my ability to travel like I would like to, in a second gen Tacoma with a Aussie Shepard at my side.

I am searching for a role that will allow me to work with others who have a passion for the outdoors and want to share that passion with others. This can be through experiences, non-profits, or through a company who makes equipment for outdoor travel. Any guidance would be welcomed!

For the fun of it, I wanted to include my travel goals for the next few years! Being from Guatemala, I would like to travel from our place in NC down to Guatemala and document our adventures along the way. My wife is a documentary filmmaker and is a wiz with a camera so documenting our adventures has been a dream of mine. After that, ship a truck to South Africa and start our trek towards the top!

The ”advice” section of thread title comes from you all. How is it working on the road while traveling and what careers should I look for/avoid. Are there things that you’ve experienced that would help me be a touch more successful? Thank you!

Last edited:

raider1234

Wow, crazy to run into you on here. I just started searching "Guatemala" on EP and landed here. Just got back from year 2 traveling down to Guatemala and I am not motivated to drive down there.

Don't have any job help since I'm in the same boat! That being said, let's connect about planning a route down there anytime soon.

-Rous

DoubleHaul01

Wow, crazy to run into you on here. I just started searching "Guatemala" on EP and landed here. Just got back from year 2 traveling down to Guatemala and I am not motivated to drive down there.

Don't have any job help since I'm in the same boat! That being said, let's connect about planning a route down there anytime soon.

-Rous
It’s a wonderful country and I would be happy to chat about it!

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Advice:

Sounds like you're looking for a sideline gig.

Saying your "education background" in such an elusive manner sounds like you led cave tours for the Boy Scouts, if you are degreed in a related field, say so, otherwise leave your educational relationships for an interview, not your initial sales pitch.

Seeking a "position" sounds like you're wanting to fill an employment slot for HR, seek a career to be a long term player on the team.

I'd drop my wife's business efforts, sounds like she has a job and you're trying to follow her, mention her as being in a supportive role to your endeavors.

So far, so good, and good luck! :)

DoubleHaul01

Advice:

Sounds like you're looking for a sideline gig.

Saying your "education background" in such an elusive manner sounds like you led cave tours for the Boy Scouts, if you are degreed in a related field, say so, otherwise leave your educational relationships for an interview, not your initial sales pitch.

Seeking a "position" sounds like you're wanting to fill an employment slot for HR, seek a career to be a long term player on the team.

I'd drop my wife's business efforts, sounds like she has a job and you're trying to follow her, mention her as being in a supportive role to your endeavors.

So far, so good, and good luck! :)
Thank you for the info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal

Members online