Restoring the "Hummer" Brand to it's former glory! - H3 Build

FLHummer

Before continuing on your high and mighty armchair expedition, please take note that I didn't state anywhere in my post that the frames were the same. I did say they are made from the same type of material, high strength steel. Nowhere did I say anything about any components that bolt on to said frame. Sharing your opinion or bit of knowledge is something, being rude about it is another.

I am guessing his comment was more directed at 4BT who seems to think that just because the frame is similar that the H3 is nothing more than a rebadged Colorado or Canyon. They initially started with the frame so that the H3 could be built in the same Shreveport factory.

Schwarttzy

Observer
Crickets here for awhile. I'd certainly appreciate learning more about your winch install. I've found a couple of other approaches, but your work on this H3 has been exemplary. Hope to see more from you.

Haven't forgotten about this, I'll see if I can do an update when I get back in California.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Been a while but completed my latest project of hiding a winch under the factory bumper.

DSC01912.jpg

Schwarttzy,

H3 factory bumper is one of the cleanest looking front bumpers out there. I spent a year looking for one at a decent price to put on my 00 Suburban, but found a killer deal on a Ford Raptor bumper that I ended up bolting right up to my truck. Your winch looks great, clean simple and elegant, with just a tad of custom work to make it fit. I like it. I am also thinking about doing the same hidden setup inside my Suburban bumper but can absolutely not justify spending time and money on something I will never use on the trails I run in the desert.

Thank you for running the generals red in, looks less tachy and will get more double takes on the extremely capable tires.

I like your off-road park pics, have you taken the H3 on any longer car camping (read: overlanding) trips? Post some pics that will definitely get trolls out.

Can't wait to see more mods and adventures!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl