*RickRunner* - Rickashay's 05 T4R

rickashay

Explorer
Looking sick dude. I think this is the first time I've had my truck "done" and you're still putting yours together ... hahaha

Thanks bud. Your right though... I'm jealous. I wanna see this new RTT of yours too. You should just come up for a visit and help me bang this thing out! haha

rickashay

Explorer
As if I haven't had enough on my plate this past week, the (new to us) 99' 4Runner needs way too much work and I spent half the day today troubleshooting it. It isn't running anymore and basically tracked the problem down to the fuel pump. Stoked to have to drop the tank to replace that... not.

Along with the problematic fuel pump, its getting:
- OEM OTRE's
- OEM LBJS's
- Reman'd steering rack
- Brake flush

Amongst all of ^ that for the 99, I had a bunch of lights come on in the 05' 4Runner. The VSC/TRAC/ABS/E-Brake lights are all on. Lol what a stroke of luck - two 4Runner grenading in 2 days. Going to get RickRunner scanned sometime this week. In the meantime, I'll finish getting the trimming done for the tires. I'm so close I can taste it.

My pinch weld mod being as OCD as possible. I wanted to reduce the number of "reliefs" I cut into the pinch weld as to introduce as few rust points as possible. I had to cut two as it was almost too rigid in the lower section without cutting it there. I used a wood block to evenly bend the whole thing over. Once complete I sealed it up with some weatherproof Silicone that I use on headlight assemblies etc when retrofitting. Notice how I was able to retain the liner mounting point mid way up the pinch weld.

_DSC0192.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

I may still need to trim the corner of the front fender but I'm basically trying to roll it back to give me another 1/2" of clearance without cutting it, but still retaining the fender liner mounting points. I want to make some rubber liners and have no mud/debris get in behind the door once it's all done. More on that to come.

Also finished one of the body mount chops. Wish I would have taken the cut a little bit further back towards the frame on the front side but I can always trim and plate it again later if I find the need.

_DSC0199.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

I just wanted to say hello, this is my first post. And because of you ill be buying a 05 4runner this week lol. Great build threads you have, and even better taste in the design of your rides.

zidaro

Explorer
All the mods, a scanguage will become your new best friend. Almost could guarantee you it was caused by a simple overstretch of the vsc lines off the uca to the spindle if you didn't disconnect them on install.

rickashay

Explorer
I just wanted to say hello, this is my first post. And because of you ill be buying a 05 4runner this week lol. Great build threads you have, and even better taste in the design of your rides.

Appreciate that! It's always hard to balance the aesthetics and the functional mods. Enjoy your 05', I absolutely love the 4th gen platform. V6 or V8?

All the mods, a scanguage will become your new best friend. Almost could guarantee you it was caused by a simple overstretch of the vsc lines off the uca to the spindle if you didn't disconnect them on install.

Agreed. I had one in my Tundra and my LX450. They both went with the truck but I can attest to their value (especially in the field on long trips or even for resetting codes). Lucky for me, I found the problem with my dash lights tonight... I was super careful with the fronts when I installed everything but it turns out when I was putting in the MT long travel rear coils I must have overstretched the harness running from the body to the axle. I pulled the harness out tonight and low and behold - one wire that runs into the main connector at the body had been pulled from its pinout. Should have everything up and running tomorrow.

Those wheels look sooooo mint on your 4runner! Looking forward to seeing it out of the garage!

Thanks! I've been driving the truck all week. Very satisfied with it but partly cause I've just watched this vehicle sit in my garage for the last 6 months as I waited for winter to end. Very satisfying seeing it on the road and seeing my "vision" for it come to reality. I'll try and grab some teasers this weekend but might wait until the front bumper goes on next week and go for a photo shoot!

rickashay

Explorer
RickRunner lives! Working the kinks out the last few days. Have some major rake from the "factory" settings on the Icons vs. the MT rear LT coils. I'll address that once the bumper and winch are on. Should load up some gear into the back and see where it sits with some weight.

Ignore the ghetto turn signals ;)

_DSC0206.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

_DSC0211.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Last edited:

owyheerat

Adventurer
Addison,
As stated before, this will be the best looking, well built, 4th gen on the road...IMO. I love the wheels, tires and stance! Oh and the color!

It looks awesome! Great work.

Durwin

rickashay

Explorer
Butterface :cool:

_DSC0240.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Still have some details to pull together (like installed the trim pieces below the headlights) as well as completing the Satoshi mod on my spare 08' grille. Overall I'm digging the color-match look though.

A.Wilson013

Adventurer
Looks great, Addison.

I need a new Tamarack decal...

Also, I have something on my calendar from 22-26 November... :wings:

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Was gonna ask what's up with the missing bumper. I must have missed the part where you had an aftermarket one going on. Looking good. I do like the collar match as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77