*RickRunner* - Rickashay's 05 T4R

rickashay

Explorer
Got all 4 tires mounted. Lubed up the inner bead with some dish soap and the bead seated no problem. First time I've mounted my own tires before so it was a good thing to check off the list to know that I have done it before.

- Rear ext. brake lines installed (stainless)
- more frame paint touchups
- PrinSu design awning mounts chopped down to keep the awning lower
- ARB 6' awning mounted
- Rear 0.75" wheel spacers (Bora) installed
- First wheel test fit complete (rear)

First time checking clearances in the rear. I think the 295/70/17's are going to be a perfect size. Might have to trim the rear plastic bumper a bit but hopefully avoid cutting up the rear pinch weld at all.

_DSC1828.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Tire poke with 0.75" wheel spacers mounted:

_DSC1830.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Here you can see (for those familiar with the PrinSu awning mounts) that I cut about 1.5" off the top. Re-drilled my own top mounting hole and used the existing lower bolt track. I could have got it another inch lower, but with me being so tall, I needed to compromise a little so I'm not ducking under the awning all the time.

_DSC1835.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Oh, and I put a deposit on a 99' 4Runner today! Looks like the wife is finally getting her own. Pretty pumped to have 2x 4Runners in the fleet.

rickashay

Explorer
The guys at metal tech are awesome for sure.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.
+10

2x4Runner-- 8Runner?
cant wait to meet it.

Lol, well I have a deposit on one... with the amount of vehicles I've been screwed ou of on Kijiji this year I won't hold my breath.

Nice! Wheels colors look good with your paint color.

Thanks Sean, I am pretty pumped as well. I was originally going with a different color combo but seeing them on the vehicle has re-confirmed how much I like it. Something different too.

Prob gunna color match the front bumper and have black/gunmetal accents elseware.

Those Ray10s are the hits!

Thanks! They are super nice

Nice, I may have to do that with my Prinsu awning mounts.

Definitely gives it a lower profile and tucks it up to the doors a lot better. Super easy modification to make as well.

Looking great so far!

Thanks for dropping in

is that other car a focus st??

Looks like a new subbie sti

I think your right..my ST doesnt have the side marker, on it.. the countours around the door looked the same..

2017 Golf R - not mine unfortunately. Amazing little car though, I'd take it over an ST and STi any day of the week.

Rick,

If the folks at SCS made a 17x8 -38 would you rather run those over the Ray10 with spacers?

I researched a lot for what I wanted for wheel offset based on looks and tire clearance. I have some cliff-notes somewhere on how I derived the wheel spacer size I landed on in conjunction with tire placement & considering rim width. I forget what I had calculated my "effective" offset with the spacers to be but there was some reasoning behind it. Avoiding spacers where possible is always good IMO, but certainly not a deal breaker. I have been working with SCS for a while and love the design of the Ray10 enough that running a 0.75" spacer wasn't a deterant for me. No Spacers > Spacer but this is the wheel I wanted to run and I do not think I will have any adverse reliability concerns with the 0.75" spacer in place. Does that ramble answer your question? lol

PHeller

Adventurer
8.5" wide wheel is 4.30" backspace or -10 offset. Pushing it .75" out makes it around 3.55", so equivalent to where your Tundra was sitting with the F5, but with a wider wheel. Could you fit 16" wheels on the T4R? I'd assume it's got the same size brakes as the Tundra of the same year.

In my case, I don't really want a wider wheel because I want to run narrower tires (between 235 or 265 max c'mon Cooper make more!), but I do love the look of your Tundra with those low offset F5 wheels. I love the look of the Ray10, but I'm getting pretty damn impatient with how quickly they sell out and how long we've gotta wait between shipments. If they did a Ray10 in 17x8 -25 and I could order them today, I would in a heartbeat.

Love your builds.

rickashay

Explorer
8.5" wide wheel is 4.30" backspace or -10 offset. Pushing it .75" out makes it around 3.55", so equivalent to where your Tundra was sitting with the F5, but with a wider wheel. Could you fit 16" wheels on the T4R? I'd assume it's got the same size brakes as the Tundra of the same year.

In my case, I don't really want a wider wheel because I want to run narrower tires (between 235 or 265 max c'mon Cooper make more!), but I do love the look of your Tundra with those low offset F5 wheels. I love the look of the Ray10, but I'm getting pretty damn impatient with how quickly they sell out and how long we've gotta wait between shipments. If they did a Ray10 in 17x8 -25 and I could order them today, I would in a heartbeat.

Love your builds.

Width of the wheel is 9.5" after the beadlock conversion (depends where width is measure to also... not sure if I should be measuring to outer edge of the beadlock face or outer edge of where the bead sits? Something that could change my figure as I have never measured a wheel before to see where they determine their numbers from). That would change your offset values but the effective backspacing is very close to my old Tundra wheels. I've thought about not running the spacers at all but I want the tire poke factor :)

I agree, the Ray10 in a 17x8 -25mm would be pretty rad. Another thing I considered though is when I go LT up front, having a super aggressive wheel will just ad to the overall width of the front end. Not an issue now but with +7" width for LT having the less aggressive wheel fitment makes more sense. This way I can just pull the spacers up front and run a larger spacer (1.5") in the rear to help even out the track width a little and still keep these fancy wheels!

Thanks for watching the vehicle revolving door.

vicali

Adventurer
Hey Addison, don't know if you've noticed any noise off your Prinsu or not, word on the forums is the lowest holes for the deflector are the quietest setting..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77