*RickRunner* - Rickashay's 05 T4R

vicali

Adventurer
Haha, 'snapping' while driving.. That usually happens when I can't get a clear road to use my big lights..

rickashay

Explorer
I know you're a fan of Lexus projectors, and I don't think those are 460s (which makes sense given that you have a separate lamp for high beams), so I'm guessing LS430s :confused:
SaveSave

Nailed it Ryan! I was going to go with the LS460's again but with a dedicated highbeam reflector (as you said...) and the 3x BD XL-Pro's, I figured I'd give the LS430's a go. They are supposed to be the widest low-beam in existence. Stoked to get them in and see for myself.

can you make me a set too?? :)

We MAY be doing a retrofit GB in the near future. PM me if you want some deets.

Haha, 'snapping' while driving.. That usually happens when I can't get a clear road to use my big lights..

Yah driving with oncoming traffic blows. Makes you want to drive super early or super late just so you can pull out the "big guns". haha

windman

Hey Addison, checking in on RickRunner build, really loving the parts list so far. After having #Doug for three months my nightime snapping has all but been eliminated, Haha.

Last edited:

rickashay

Explorer
Hey Addison, checking in on RickRunner build, really loving the parts list so far. After having #Doug for three months my nightime snapping has all but been eliminated, Haha.

Thanks for stopping in Dave and glad you're enjoying the projectors!

What happened to the thread?

I'm sorry... I've been lagging. Its been too cold to work on my truck but it looks like things are changing this week. Expect some major updates here in the next 2 weeks.

rickashay

Explorer
This is all I got... but it's a start. Good things happening in the RickRunner garage.

_DSC1765.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

I can't express enough feelings of joy around the fact that every bolt has come un-done so easily. No rust, no hassle... literally like working on a new vehicle. I love it.

Marked my alignment with a paint pen (to get it "close") and pulled out the lower control arm alignment hardware with ease. Stoked to not have to buy new LCA's. Then completely coated all the hardware in copper-coat before re-assembling. Hoping to have the suspension and spindles out tomorrow so I can drop them off to get the gussets welded on.

rickashay

Explorer

OOOOOOhhhhhh

:drool: STT Pro?

You betcha! We are doing some video work with Cooper over the coming months. Pretty excited for that project and to try these tires out.

UPDATE

No pics... too busy with dirty hands last night to take any. I did delete the REAS system:
- airbags & height position sensors removed
- All wiring (as much as I could) removed
- Rear air compressor pulled from under rear bumper cover

- Installed Metal Tech rear coil conversion kit and some factory 4th gen coils that I had from my old 08'. Band-aid solution until the backordered MetalTech LT springs land.

** I would like to note how awesome my experience has been with Metal Tech - I am not affiliated with them in anyway, just a regular customer but their level of service has been phenominal. I use a warehouse just inside the Montana border to ship my truck parts to and then I will drive down and pick them up every couple of months. This warehouse had a theft incident and some of my items from MT were stolen and the rear coils have been on backorder since November. MT (Metal Tech) has been over the top helpful in getting my order fixed and even helping me with a band-aid to get the truck on the trail until these new LT rear coils arrive. At which point they even agreed to ship them directly to Canada at a cost significantly higher than just shipping them to my US mailbox. Being in business myself, I wanted to take the time to send the crew over there a excellent review for their efforts. Will definitely be shopping with them again!

More pics to come today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77