Rifle Mounting

Alright guys….need some ideas.

Trying to figure a mounting for an AR10 Rifle. It needs to be lockable for a Jeep unlimited. Pics would be very helpful.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Maybe do a search on ar15.com?

I second that. Those guys live and breathe the 'Black Guns':ylsmoke:

They all have the BRD, or 'Black Rifle Disease':victory:

Things to consider: Does your state require the weapon to be cased? It's easier to mount/secure an uncased weapon.

Do you plan on driving into states that do require weapons to be cased?

If your state doesn't, it will limit where you can go (if your weapon is secured without a case like in the link above)

I used a good lockable hard case, with a cable attatched to my rig.

LACamper

Adventurer
Things to consider: Does your state require the weapon to be cased? It's easier to mount/secure an uncased weapon.

Do you plan on driving into states that do require weapons to be cased?

If your state doesn't, it will limit where you can go (if your weapon is secured without a case like in the link above)

]
Actually, just stay out of places like that. If they don't want to acknowledge my gun rights, then they don't get my tourist dollars.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Actually, just stay out of places like that. If they don't want to acknowledge my gun rights, then they don't get my tourist dollars.

I agree with ya there. MN just repealed (part) of thier 'gun must be cased' law.

Now, if you are hunting, on the way to hunting/the range, you don't have to have the gun in a case. With some exceptions, of course.

But no longer can the CO ticket you for the gun case being unzipped an inch or two.:snorkel:

My problem is that I live next door to WI. So I need to keep a lock box in my rigs for my carry gun if I go across the bridge.

I usually don't go over the bridge, but that's where he best gun/reloading shop in the area is!!:coffeedrink:

SO let me tell you about Alaska….

A couple months back I got pulled over for speeding. As the Anchorage PD Officer approached the window I placed both hands on the wheel after rolling the window down. As required by law I informed him that I have a CCW Permit and that I was armed at that time. His answer…”I’m not worried about that, driver’s license, registration and proof of insurance.”

Alaska does not require a CCW to carry concealed I only do so as I had it prior to the law and it allows me to carry in other states.

My reason for the post is a way to secure the rifle in the jeep when I travel. I looked at the police shops but haven’t really found anything that fits.

LACamper

Adventurer
You don't even want to know about Canada's Gun Laws.

I was there (Edmonton) in the early 70's as a kid. I've heard its gotten worse though. Pretty country... but cold! None of that white stuff here...

Louisiana's gun laws are fairly simple. As far as firearms go, your vehicle is considered part of your home. CCW's are 'shall issue' meaning unless they find a reason not to issue you should get one if you go through the trouble (class, fingerprinting, and paperwork plus $125 or so for 4 years). Open carry is legal though you will get some strange looks in the cities (don't try it in New Orleans... also, you're not allowed to open carry within 1000' of a school which is an easy mistake to make). Leave the gun in the car at the school (not for students though) and you're good.

My other family... www.bayoushooter.com

As far as mounting the case, head to your favorite hard ware store and look at the pipe clamps... there is a way to do it. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach