Roaming Lost: 2020 RAM Rebel EcoDiesel Overland Build

roaminglost

I am so jealous of your mileage! I’m lucky to hit 16 highway. 12 around town With my 5.7.
I see people post they get 17-18 in theRebel with the 5.7 and don’t understand how. Oh well.

The wheels I bought from you, the black ones are now mounted on another Ram here in town.
Its pretty wild what I'm getting with all this added on stuff. Very stoked on it lol.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I am so jealous of your mileage! I’m lucky to hit 16 highway. 12 around town With my 5.7.
I see people post they get 17-18 in theRebel with the 5.7 and don’t understand how. Oh well.

The wheels I bought from you, the black ones are now mounted on another Ram here in town.

I think what you are getting is normal. I have rented and driven several Rebel (both past and current generation) with the Hemi and I have loved the truck, but hated the gas mileage. Having the Eco-Diesel version seems like a game changer (at least for me).

Here is a video of our trip to the Arctic Circle in 2017

roaminglost

I think what you are getting is normal. I have rented and driven several Rebel (both past and current generation) with the Hemi and I have loved the truck, but hated the gas mileage. Having the Eco-Diesel version seems like a game changer (at least for me).

Here is a video of our trip to the Arctic Circle in 2017

that ice road looked amazinggg! I would love to do that drive up to alaska

shirk

Do you have any pictures of the articulation / flex? I am considering a Ram 1500 for our family build. It checks many of the boxes.

I'd like to build a composite side entry camper for the back and wondering if it needs a sub-frame or if these chassis are stiff enough for a direct mount.

Looking for a similar flex test as here. https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/ramcruiser-the-build.213953/post-2785852

Great looking build, will check out your YT videos.

roaminglost

Do you have any pictures of the articulation / flex? I am considering a Ram 1500 for our family build. It checks many of the boxes.

I'd like to build a composite side entry camper for the back and wondering if it needs a sub-frame or if these chassis are stiff enough for a direct mount.

Looking for a similar flex test as here. https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/ramcruiser-the-build.213953/post-2785852

Great looking build, will check out your YT videos.
Unfortunately nothing like that test. But I haven't had any issues. Even with airbags. But i don't do crazy trails so it hasn't been noticeable. But a hard side camper would be sick!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77