Rocky Road Outfitters - How long did you wait for your shipment?

raysobi

Adventurer
I ordered my OME Metro HD Kit with Torsion on 11/1/2016 and now it is back order and I won't get it until 2nd week of January of 2017....

Order Details
--------------------------------
Item : OME Montero HD Kit with Torsion Post 95
SKU : - OMEMONT91HDTORPOST95
Quantity : 1
Item Price : $859.00
Item Total : $859.00

Sub-Total : $859.00
Shipping Method : USPS Priority Mail
Shipping Amount : $11.55
Estimated Tax : $0.00

Total : $870.55

I just got my 4.9 axles that itching to be swapped and I am waiting to do it all together with suspension upgrade....is this normal for it to take this long for the order? Are there is anybody else that selling this kit?

Talk to the guy over the phone and he was very nice, I have no issue w/ him but timing is a bit of issue because I was planning to take a long vacation during the end of holidays so I can get all my stuff done before next trip in Spring... :(

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Another vote for Sierra Expeditions, cancer your order with RRO and order with the retailer that has been used by many of us, not to mention the sliders may not fit.

raysobi

Adventurer
I checked Sierra Expedition, but no complete kit for Mitsu 2.5 gen.

Jeep N Montero, what retailer are you using? Rec?

KyleT

Explorer
Try Amazon too. Sometimes stuff like that shows up free shipping and even prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA_JERO

Adventurer
X3 Sierra Expeditions, I've never had an issue ordering directly through them for anything. There local to me though so super convenient. You should be able to give SE the order details from RRO, and they should be able to get it.

Waters

They have a lot of bad press that I didn't discover until after I ordered, but ended up getting my springs within 1.5 weeks. Did good for me.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I ordered everything from Sierra and had it in 6 days. And no, Sierra does not sell it as a "kit" and RRO doesn't either, you simply give Sierra the part numbers from the catalog and they tell you exactly where the parts are located and when they will arrive, I am 110% satisfied. Far too many bad stories about RRO's bad service and they will never receive a penny from me even though they are local to me.

SONICMASD

Adventurer
It took RRO 20 something days to get me a refund from the date my sliders arrived at their warehouse with me calling them every week bugging them. I agree with all, if you can cancel your order with RRO, and call Wil at Sierra Expeditions he'll set you up and I think they price match.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
It took RRO 20 something days to get me a refund from the date my sliders arrived at their warehouse with me calling them every week bugging them. I agree with all, if you can cancel your order with RRO, and call Wil at Sierra Expeditions he'll set you up and I think they price match.

When I was ordering they had free shipping and no sales tax when I bought from them, I believe they were cheaper on the parts themselves as well compared to RRO. In todays internet world every buyer needs to search for feedback on a retailer BEFORE ordering, or folks will learn the hard way when it was preventable.

As for the OP's next question on where to buy sliders, there are quite a few guys on here who have had great results with the Trail Gear 67 inch slider kit available for around $239 shipped from a few ebay vendors. I will be ordering these as well before spring.

howirolla

Campfire Passport
When I was ordering they had free shipping and no sales tax when I bought from them, I believe they were cheaper on the parts themselves as well compared to RRO. In todays internet world every buyer needs to search for feedback on a retailer BEFORE ordering, or folks will learn the hard way when it was preventable.

As for the OP's next question on where to buy sliders, there are quite a few guys on here who have had great results with the Trail Gear 67 inch slider kit available for around $239 shipped from a few ebay vendors. I will be ordering these as well before spring.

actually when I was looking for them a few weeks ago they were down to 200 and free shipping!

also, if you just use the OME part numbers and search them on 4wheel parts they will come up. prices are on par, and when I got my springs for my rover from them I was quite surprised at how quickly they arrived.

raysobi

Adventurer
I just called Sierra Expedition and they said it is only lifted .5 inches...compared on what RRO said as 1.25 estimated...Sierra charged 70 dollars more which is no big deal...but I am hesitant to order right now because .5 inch lift is comical..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater