Roof Rack

Ncrover725

I am looking at adding a roof rack onto the 110 that is compatible with a roof top tent. I saw the voyager series, they looked great, but read some bad reviews. What racks are you guys running?

iowalr4

Adventurer
You read bad reviews of voyager rack? Like what?

I love mine, its as well built as they come and very strong. The mounting they use on my LR4 is direct into the roof in 8 places, doesn't use rails.

IMG_20130801_173220_zps313c209f.jpg

DSC_5524_zpsea1290b5.jpg

Ncrover725

I am actually looking at voyager. The comments were poor powder coat, bad welds, very slow to ship. As with anything though there are always haters. The 1% that nothing goes right for. How long did it take to receive your rack once the order was placed?

iowalr4

Adventurer
I bought my rack and ladder from a forum member, but I did order my sliders directly from Voyager. They shipped freight. They got them sent pretty quickly. They are not a huge operation, but they are fantastic to work with. I know that they will work with you on customizations and whatever you need. The powder coat seems good, I am not expert though. I have had the sliders/ladder/rack on during this horrible winter, in Iowa, in a town that uses salt like its on sale.. and I haven't seen anything rusting or chipping.

JackW

Explorer
The Hannibal rack on my D-90 has been outstanding - light, strong, quiet and very useful. There are other similar racks on the market (Patriot?) and you may be able to find a used one.

overlander

Expedition Leader
I have a Hannibal on my 110. I consider the Hannibal and Front Runner both equal and the top of the line racks. Ultimately flexible to your needs. Hannibal can be hard to source now in the US last I checked. Get a Front Runner Wind Cheetah and you won't be disappointed.

spikemd

Explorer
BajaRack makes great racks as well. Not sure they have one for the 110 but they may make one custom. Many folk here in NorCal have them.

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
I would highly recommend the K9 by Eezi-Awn. Its really high quality, very light weight (mines only 40 lbs), and customizable to anything you need. I can't even hear a wind noise difference on my truck with it on. That being said a defender isn't exactly silent to start with so you may not care about that haha.

Check them out you won't be disappointed I promise you
http://www.equipt1.com/companies/K9...awn-k9/1075369-eezi-awn-k9-roof-rack-systems/

Drover

Adventurer
I have a voyager on my rover. Andy at voyager racks went out of his way to get my rack to me before I left on my trip. He's a really good guy, and we've become friends over the last year. If you're considering voyager, pm me and I'll give you his cell.

Juddy

Adventurer
I like the look of this rack, same as I do the Frontrunner one, they suit the car alot more than HSE and Patriot, however are the sides removable? as to fit a roof tent, not saying you need to just asking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal