Round snorkel head

LJ_24

Adventurer
I have seen more of the round snorkel heads here on the expo forums as opposed to others. I was wondering if someone could tell me where to get that kind of snorkel head? I am really tired of the ram style head. I have seen them on 80 and 70 series and thought that I would get one for my 100. A link would be nice so I can get the round snorkel head before I go wheeling in november:snorkel:

I found this precleaner, but I prefer the one with the non transparent view. Any US distributors have the all black round precleaner?

http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=406

Last edited:

LJ_24

Adventurer
I got this picture from the proffits cruiser site, this is the snorkel head that im looking for

braiser22.jpg

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Mantec are the ones I think you are looking for.

Edit:
Sorry, I see you are looking for the cyclone style. I'm not sure where to get the all black versions.

Tucan viajero

Adventurer
I got this picture from the proffits cruiser site, this is the snorkel head that im looking for

That is the 70 series Toyota oem snorkel. I guess those must in stock at Toyota dealers in countries where 70 series cruisers have been marketed.

LJ_24

Adventurer
Is it safe to run the round snorkel head all the time? As in, daily driving purposes:smiley_drive:

seanz0rz

Adventurer
Is it safe to run the round snorkel head all the time? As in, daily driving purposes:smiley_drive:

i hear they dont perform as well over 40mph. this is just what i have read around the internet, so take it for what its worth.

why do you not like the ram head? it works great.

LJ_24

Adventurer
i hear they dont perform as well over 40mph. this is just what i have read around the internet, so take it for what its worth.

I read somewhere that water can get in the ram head during the rainy season

Another option I had was to get a K&N cold air intake element and just put that cold air intake wrap which is supposedly "water repellent"

Would the k&N option be a viable one?

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire

Mine works fine over 40. I have a cyclone type pre filter, and I am constantly amazed at how much gunk gets pulled out of the air. Before installing it, I was going through an air filter per trip. Now, I change the water every day while on dirt, and still have a relatively clean air filter.

Yes, but you will be guaranteed to get attention wherever you drive it. Most people think it is the exhaust...

I read somewhere that water can get in the ram head during the rainy season

So turn the head around backwards...

LJ_24

Adventurer
Mine works fine over 40. I have a cyclone type pre filter, and I am constantly amazed at how much gunk gets pulled out of the air. Before installing it, I was going through an air filter per trip. Now, I change the water every day while on dirt, and still have a relatively clean air filter.

Yes, but you will be guaranteed to get attention wherever you drive it. Most people think it is the exhaust...

So turn the head around backwards...

I didnt think of doing that!

on another side note: I was at a local parts store and one of the guys who was selling parts said that if I install a K&N cold air intake element in place of my ram head, I should get an increase in horsepower, is he just trying to sell me the k&n element?

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I have run all three types and had no problems with any of them. For the OEM 70 series you might give Michael at www.westcoastcruisers.com a shout. He carries the OEM snorkles for the 70 and may be able to get a head unit separately.

-H-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven