Savana/ Express Van Builds

agelessGIANT

Observer
Question for owners with lifts installed... Do you think you can fit 255/85r16s? I know they are 33" but they are narrow so maybe there would be less if any rubbing. I have read the 285/65r16s rub. Any input would be appreciated.

Hobbs67

I just installed the Rough Country lift in my 2009 Savana AWD van. I used everything in the kit but the rear shocks. I ended up using NAPA gas shocks off a 2500 van. The part number is NS 76763, and bolted right in. They are a couple of inches longer than the 1500 rear shocks. I have 285/70R17 Coopers on factory GMC alloy wheels and they fit great. I trimmed the rear edge of the front fender opening on the wheel well side, but I probably didn't need to. The cut isn't visible unless you look in the wheel well. They rub a little at full lock on the frame side. I think 295's would fit. The biggest thing is wheel offset.

Mr. Nacho

Hello Hobbs67, I'd like to see some Pics of your van? I'm starting a new build next month with a 2010 GMC AWD Savana and would like to go with a larger tire than the 265/75R-16 with the 2.5" Maxx torsion Key lift I currently have. I agree offset is the deciding factor and I have long contemplated trimming that front fender piece you speak of. My van is also coming with a slider door so aftermarket wheel offset will have to be spot on:) I'd like to use Cooper A/T3's with Fuel D524 Dunes or Fuel Boost D534, the boost offer more offset options so are most likely candidate.. Mr.Nacho

fog cutter

Adventurer
got it in july. got three layers of 3 oz. primaloft in the walls and two 4 oz. in the ceiling, formica wall & ceiling panels fabricated and fitted in august. working on the cabinets now. send $$$ !

Michael Crouch

Curious for those with AWD - what kind of roads are you capable of getting on? I'm lurking around for a van and the Express is looking good, but I end up in Mexico and other spots that I'd be worried about without 4L.

jdharrin

Observer
I've been hitting up forest roads all over CO and mine does pretty well with a small lift but you need to adjust your technique (momentum is your friend). Doesn't hurt to have a high risk tolerance for damage either. Where the lack of low really hurts you is when you need to use reverse so planning is key.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete