Saved this FJ62 from going to auction

roamingaz

Explorer
You guys crack me up!
So I had this guy in flagstaff offer me alot more then my opening bid if I would meet him today. So I ended the auction and currently in cold *** northern Arizona and looks like the dude blew me off. Maybe its a sign to keep it. ......

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
You guys crack me up!
So I had this guy in flagstaff offer me alot more then my opening bid if I would meet him today. So I ended the auction and currently in cold *** northern Arizona and looks like the dude blew me off. Maybe its a sign to keep it. ......

Sorry to hear that just sucks. Is he a member here?

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I think you should just keep it Jess! They arevery hard to find as nice as yours, and thus, will only go up in value as they become harder to find. Someone said here on expo just the other day that the window of opportunity is rapidly closing on finding clean 80 series rigs. This is even more true of 60 series. Just enjoy it for what it is. Keep it! Next time we make it to Lost Dutchman I will come by with beverages to see it in person...

roamingaz

Explorer
Ok too let everyone know I did end the ebay auction because someone had made a complaint to Ebay that my auction was fake and even though I did what I could to prove it was legit it really just pissed me off that my listing was only 24 hours old and on top of paying to list it and field dozens of questions I also had to prove I was real. I had several offers to buy it outright and ended up selling it to a guy in Flagstaff that does vehicle restorations, and yes I made a nice profit and as luck would have it I found another truck on my way back home. I honestly didn't like the Landcruiser other then the cool factor it had, the thing was a slug on the freeway and sucked more gas then my old K5 blazer.
On a side note, when I registered my new truck they made a comment I would need to get a dealers license if I continued to buy and sell vehicles, I did buy fix up and resell several other vehicles in addition to the several "expo" projects I have had.

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in this whole transaction. With all the people in this community who offered to buy it and this is the kind of person who ends up with it??

For shame.

roamingaz

Explorer
Yeah me too and I did give 5 people on here a option to buy it and they all declined for their own reasons. Greg agreed to buy it at my price for cash and a extra $125 to drive it to Flagstaff so I was satisfied though I know I could have held out for more $$ when he told me he was a Landcruiser fan and wanted a 62 for the family and he mentioned IH8mud so I assumed he was one of us and I was trying to make him a deal without being greedy but obviously he had nothing but a line of crap. On the phone he was nice, friendly and sounded genuine but once we got to Flagstaff and met in person he was a total jerk, so much so I almost reconsidered selling it to him. My friend that followed me there and was giving me ride back home is a cop in Clarkdale and she mentioned she had seen his truck several times in the Clarkdale area pulling trailers with classic cars loaded coming out of Jerome, so I assume he buys cars all over the area.
Oh well live and learn I guess, I did find a sweet chop top Chevy in Camp Verde anyone now if Desert Fried Hotrods is good folks to work with?

1speed

Explorer
I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in this whole transaction. With all the people in this community who offered to buy it and this is the kind of person who ends up with it??

For shame.

I'm dissapointed too, mostly because, true to his word Jess did let me know it was for sale before he ebay'd (is that a word?) it and I was one of those who couldn't make it happen right now. Thanks Jess for the opportunity.

It does suck the guy was a jerk and misrepresented himself. :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk