Screw Autozone

rover4x4

Adventurer
On the fan blade you can go back to Autozone and get an Imperial 215157 viscous clutch and an Imperial 220618 metal fan.

How do you like that fan, does it more more air than the stock?? Did you loose much power or fuel mileage? Ive been trying to find an alternative to that plastic fan from the factory

ArmyRover

Adventurer
WHAT? They do a military discount? I stopped going to Autozone because Advanced offered a 10% military. Is that just that store, or standard policy?:Wow1:

I've shopped regularly at 3 autozones over the years and all three have given a military discount, ranging from 10-20%:victory:

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Parts stores seem to be 'Luck of the Draw'

We have 2 Advance Autos, both pretty decent,

3 O'Riellys, only one I'll go back to, the other two stink bad.

and 2 NAPA's, one I use, the other only if I have to becuase I need the part that day, and no one else has it.

The next town north of me, Two Harbors, MN, has a great NAPA.

Lady runs it, and I believe her daughter works there also. Great customer service, and very knowledgable.

Since my 'shop' where I work on my rigs is about in the middle, I often head north for parts.

I prefer using the local Advance Auto, becuase I get a great discount, the guys they have working there are pretty good, and they can usually get what you need overnight.

If you need it that day, and they don't have it at thier other store (or you don't want to drive across town to get it) they will call thier competitors to get you the part, and save you the running around!

Customer service is what brings me back-or keeps me from coming back-to a store.

dr_kaiser

Usually when I go to a parts store, I tell them I need a <insert whatever part messed up> for a '93 Range Rover... They then have responded on more than one occasion, "What year is your Ranger?" I then reply with the same sentence although much slower. This is usually followed by a blank stare from the clerk for about 4-5 seconds, then I say, Land Rover.. At that point I realize my trip was worthless yet again and go home and order the parts over the internet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven