Screw Autozone

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
On the fan blade you can go back to Autozone and get an Imperial 215157 viscous clutch and an Imperial 220618 metal fan.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
On the fan blade you can go back to Autozone and get an Imperial 215157 viscous clutch and an Imperial 220618 metal fan.

Tom, that's what I call service.

Autozone isn't the only game in town, maybe the other guys have some manners.

silvElise

Adventurer
Try Paul Grant or Will Tillery, it'd be a safe bet one of them has one laying around:

paulgrant AT mac.com
willtillery AT roverguy.com

had my first experience with Will cant say enough nice things... Got the right parts at a great price :)

Sucks you got a horrible experience from the autozone guys :(... I like O'Reilly's as I have never had a negative experience from there in the past.

tpatching

Observer
I usually try to perpetuate the totally unreliable piece of crap Land Rover myth, in an effort to continue to drive down the used market value of these pretty awesome misunderstood vehicles.

"They mock what they do not understand"

brushogger

Explorer
I usually try to perpetuate the totally unreliable piece of crap Land Rover myth, in an effort to continue to drive down the used market value of these pretty awesome misunderstood vehicles.

So you're the one. Thanks for 'fessing up. :coffeedrink:
I wondering who the guilty party was.

Last edited:

tpatching

Observer
Usually the bone heads bagging on Rovers have had a really bad experience and they have written off the brand for life. They are also usually a really good source for a parts rig.

greg mgm

Explorer
Doesn't it feel good to vent about it on the Portal? :sombrero:
I'd be curious to hear what corporate says. Unless he was teasing, that was pretty rude to say. I have had nothing but good experiences with Napa. Luckily our local Napa has 1 employee (a small town) and he knows his job, and has a good attitude.

overlander

Expedition Leader
I like my autozone, they remember me now and don't ask if it's a Toyota anymore. :D They also remember to give me 20% off for military discount to.

WHAT? They do a military discount? I stopped going to Autozone because Advanced offered a 10% military. Is that just that store, or standard policy?:Wow1:

Goochm

Observer
Another tale of parts shops... When I lived in way remote Northeast Oregon I think I may have had the only Rover in a 3-county area...at least I never saw another one. And yet in LaGrande I walked out of a store with a Wix air filter, Wix oil filter and fuel filter. Here in Cottonwood Arizona there are a number of Rovers, but you have to order an air filter! (By the way, the Union-Wallowa County region is both gorgeous AND empty...perfect for Rovering. I don't recall the name of the shop in LaGrande...but it was downtown on the main drag if you even need some basic stuff.

:wings:

Cleand

Adventurer
I would have told him sure I will drive it off a cliff, and then drive it right back up the cliff.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven