show me your flex

Just finished the 3 link and coilover install last summer. It uses up every inch of those shocks.
IMG_0494.jpg
IMG_0497.jpg
IMG_0507.JPG

97tjguzzy

Explorer
pulled the windshield off for the first time and grabbed a pic sans shield

notopsmall.jpg

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
Here's mine

The Cherokee is sold, but it was a slinky even with a short arm kit. The Expedition is gone as well, but this shows how it flexed in stock air suspension fashion. The Tundra is what we have now, and its not amazing either.

Attachments

• IMG_0824.JPG
    IMG_0824.JPG
    646.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Easter Safari 2008 033.jpg
    Easter Safari 2008 033.jpg
    541.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Tundra 006.jpg
    Tundra 006.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 33
  • flexn the Ford.jpg
    flexn the Ford.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 32

1stDeuce

Explorer
Where's the dang "Like" button??? I'm in for a build Jack!!! If we find a diesel G30 van, SFA it, chop the cab, toss in a T-case, and put on a flatbed and voila, instant Awesome! :)

Stock suspension, think I need to start looking for some longer shocks. This is completely unloaded though so very little chassis flex.
Cross linking the steering is more of a priority.

flexedit_zps0ca220da.jpg

SoCalMonty

Explorer
Too much flex

About all you would want to do

Haha...I feel your pain, I've got IFS as well.

More flex would keep the chassis more level, with less body roll (read: less likely to tip over). But, with torsion bars up front, there's not much hope for that. Still, you can get everywhere you need to go with IFS. It just doesn't look as cool. And, as you discovered, there's a slightly higher chance of tippage. ;)

...did the Trooper incur much damage from that flop? How hard was it to upright it?

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
Here's mine. With the 35" tires I can still get them stuffed into the wheel wells. When I run 38's it doesn't work so well ;-)

I'm running dislocation cones, extended brake lines, bent trailing arms, no sway bars, etc. so there's about 1m of vertical travel at each wheel.

flex1.jpg

flex2.jpg

outofrshell

Adventurer
Actually that flop caused minimal body damage just by luck the truck landed in a shallow swale landing only on the rear corner post and the top corner of the grill guard not even a scratch in the doors and no broken glass. It was easy enough to right it with another truck just had to keep a little tension on it till it rolled forward off the hill so it didn't tip over again. IFS does limit wheel travel some what but once you learn it's limits it is okay. In this situation I think that the suspension set up was a big factor I had just installed HD torsion bars and had them cranked too tight, there was absolutely no give in the front plus the fact the upper control arm bushings were nearly seized solid. I have since then rebuilt the front end added a sway bar disconnect and am now slowly tightening the TBs a little at a time to get the lift I want. It seems to help if I let the TBs adjust to the tension I put in and then do it again. Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad