Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
This is my first post here on this forum. Love this forum lots of info. Long time lurker first time poster. Figured I would start in the pic thread :)

These pics are of my 96 4runner w/ E locker....still under contruction. I have all my fender flares ready to go on, Just need to get all the mounting clips lol . Pics were taken last month in Anza Borrego.

View attachment 102695
]

Nice truck!

Id keep the flares off man, i like the look as is. I took mine off my 96 Taco and love the clean look.

Ran support for 6 cyclists on the Kokopelli.

Ah i did that! well part of the Kokopelli it looked awesome, i wanna go back a run the full tail. Did you? Was it epic??

loved TOTW too. Sadly rolled my truck before i got to hit Kanes :mad:

next time

Mechanical

Adventurer
Can you post a side pic of your truck with the softopper sides down, I am trying to decide if I should buy the tan or grey top for my white taco.

Sure, here ya go.

Ah i did that! well part of the Kokopelli it looked awesome, i wanna go back a run the full tail. Did you? Was it epic??

loved TOTW too. Sadly rolled my truck before i got to hit Kanes :mad:

next time

Kane was amazing. I'd highly recommend it. Where did you roll your truck?

We ran about 80% of the trail. Unfortunately, for logistics reasons (apparently cyclists in the desert need water), we had to skip Rose Garden Hill. We drove into the bottom of the hill, and I'm sure we could have come down it, but my truck would have had troubles going up without using the winch. The trail was amazing, really beautiful scenery.

Last edited:

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Sure, here ya go.
Kane was amazing. I'd highly recommend it. Where did you roll your truck?

yea all my buddies loved it.

and sadly..not even on a trail :eek:

was just on the stupid dirt road back to Area BFE were we were camped. It was like 1 am as a group of about 5 trucks had just got done doing a night run on fins n things. That was super fun BTW! it was super dusty on the road and i didn't see the next corner, wasn't going super fast, but too fast for the corner. Rear wheels kicked out, AND unfourtnatly, i normally woulda been fine in that situation, but i had just broken my hand on Seven Mile Rim tail two days earlier. So i couldn't down shift and correct at the same time..:eek: Over corrected and hit the ditch at about 20-25mph, did a 3/4 roll. My sliders, front bumper and my BRAND NEW roof/bed rack saved the truck enough to even to this day still drive. I was pretty sad tho.. was looking great..But i already have a new body and ama gonna swap it on here soon. Sadly not in the same color tho..

here was the truck

DSC015982.jpg

here is me wheeling with a broken hand haha 5 spd manual too :cool:

IMG_9163.jpg

and the ''death"

DSCF2556.jpg

IMG_9903.jpg

damage..
CIMG0708.jpg

CIMG0707.jpg

CIMG0706.jpg

CIMG0705.jpg

CIMG0704.jpg

CIMG0703.jpg

CIMG0702.jpg

CIMG0701.jpg

CIMG0700.jpg

CIMG0699.jpg

CIMG0698.jpg

CIMG0697.jpg

CIMG0696.jpg

CIMG0695.jpg

CIMG0694.jpg

all in all tho. Coulda been a lot worse and i am very grateful how it turned out and all the help i had from all my friends from the TW meet.

now for the rebuild :devil:

StarGazer

Observer
Here is my 4Runner, unfinished of course.

Modified the front and rear bumper eliminating rust. Rhino lined the bumpers and grille. Waitng on some LED Hella blinkers from www.rallylights.com This a vehicle that I do not plan on rock climbing or extreme off-roading, just camping and astronomy, far out in the back country.

:coffeedrink:

2012-04-29153204.jpg

eblau

Adventurer
Here's my beat up old 90 4runner. 3.0 5 speed

4431318d.jpg

OME shocks/ springs/ torsion bars
ARB
33 10.50 on SR5 alloys

trackhead

Adventurer
1985 Truck
156,000 miles total, 22RE swapped in 6,000 miles ago.

The back end is enclosed now with a pop top camper. Pics later.

Picture113-46-00.png

Last edited:

sytfu510

Urban UAV
My new rear bumper setup:

-BruteForce HC Rear Bumper w/Side Armor + Jerry Gas Can Mount + Tire Carrier + CB Antenna Mount + Cutouts for Lights

I Modified the Gas Can mount for ROTOPAX. ( 2 - 2 Gal Containers ) Added HID Aux Lights.

liveJD0Zxp.jpg

obkook

The Beast - '97 4Runner / Hilux Surf Diesel

My Daughter calls it "Beast" (she's 2). The vehicle has 300K+ miles on it. The 1KZ-TE engine is from a Japanese Hilux Surf and has about 30K miles on it.
Shrockworks Bumper and sliders.
Sonoran Steel lift.

It is my DD and not a Rock Crawler, but is reasonably capable offroad.

Looking through these forums make me want to step up its campability!

Sea Ranch 2012-020.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach