Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

jh504

Explorer
Its an 89, I painted it with a roller using self leveling yacht paint. Turned out pretty good even with the few dents i didn't fix. I love this truck it has never let me down.

Very interesting. Details on how the painting process went?

mosupernak

Adventurer
Here's some newer pics with the Sonoran Steel 1.2

Red Cliff CO (my crazy friend posing under the rear tire)
79e204a1.jpg

Optional water crossing on Red & White Mt Rd between Vail and Avon CO
d5127b1c.jpg

McAllister Gulch Rd (turns into a river in the spring)
3719a2f1.jpg

Near the top of Resolution Mt outside Camp Hale Co
af7b32a4.jpg

Top of Resolution Mt
a3404fd1.jpg

Last edited:

Arvin G

Observer
Love the 4runners...I was just thinking all last week while camping about starting over with a 4runner.

Camping out in Monache.

IMG_1868.jpg

Finally have the fridge out from behind the passenger seat and out back. Still a work in progress.

IMG_1962.jpg

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
SSR's are a no compromise max traction tire! I have had 2 sets and absolutely love them. They are no great for a DD but you can't beat their performance. I have heard of rumors circulating about weak side walls but I have never had an issue.

A

BLKNBLU

Explorer
I agree. Oddly enough, I have done more mild stuff and lots of pavement since I put them on. In the two trips of more serious rockcrawl type action they did very well. On some road trips with significant pavement involved they also feel very good. I think it's the soft rubber that makes them nice on the pavement. The down side to that soft rubber is that the rears are showing some wear already but I am in "always locked" condition in the rear so that probably contributes to it.

I have heard the same about the sidewalls too, but have had no trouble in the limited severe use I've exposed them to. I imagine that is always the case for a radial vs bias ply though. Personally I'll take the radial road manners any day. They are loud at highway speed. :smilies27

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I agree. Oddly enough, I have done more mild stuff and lots of pavement since I put them on. In the two trips of more serious rockcrawl type action they did very well. On some road trips with significant pavement involved they also feel very good. I think it's the soft rubber that makes them nice on the pavement. The down side to that soft rubber is that the rears are showing some wear already but I am in "always locked" condition in the rear so that probably contributes to it.

I have heard the same about the sidewalls too, but have had no trouble in the limited severe use I've exposed them to. I imagine that is always the case for a radial vs bias ply though. Personally I'll take the radial road manners any day. They are loud at highway speed. :smilies27

My favorite is when the mirrors vibrate as I come to a stop, with ssr's and a damp intersection I can drift the 4Runner :)

A

squatch

Adventurer
Barlowrs and thejosh your trucks inspire!! bout to get in mine and head down to cbi and get my rear bumper! thanks for the stoke photos! happy trails

EXP-T100

Adventurer
TheJosh what are the specs on your runner? I have been thinking about selling my t100 and buying a 4th gen runner.
lol never mind you have a build thread my bad

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach