Sierra Challange 2015 Aug 31st - Sept 9th

AKClay

b354f30b4e7f1a2b66fd9277e3ceadb8.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

montypower

Adventure Time!
Huge thanks to Sam (my bro) for shooting and editing video! He did a great job. Enjoy!

Share with your friends. :)

nckwltn

Explorer
really well done video!

If it hasn't already been posted, you gen 3 guys gotta talk about your armor and show some before/after pics

AKClay

Damn montypower some time went into that video. Tell Sam good job!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

The Viper

Adventurer
Peter as always, great video. Some nice looking rigs and seems like a great bunch of guys

AKClay: how on earth did you break your leg???

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Awesome video! Can't wait to see Big Sluice! Impressed with the gen3's, but curious why the white one ran the trail with the rear bumper installed? The LR3 guys always take off their rear bumpers on the Rubicon

Post trip Rig Report --- Lloyds 1996 SR

What Worked?

1. Gearing. 4:88s allowed for cruising at 80mph on typical Interstates. 4:1 Rubicon Case allowed for an incredible added capability and reduced over heating.
2. Overheating. Never driven the Sierras with out dramatic over heating, to include having a back up fan on. This time I got only warm 4 times, not using the fan! And even got pretty far up Cadillac Hill towing a dead rig. Wow!
3. Air -- No leaks, Oasis system took care of business. Factory locker quit leaking.
4. 37's, in a 40" plus trail rig world were a huge help
5. LED back up lights for night driving and camp set up
6. HAM Radios(not mine)

What broke or did not work;

1. A/C compressor starting seizing, broke belt
2. Broke right front axle on way out doing a daisy chain
3. Check engine light on, fixed some issues but did not go out
4. Tranny skid plate not built right, needs bars, pretezled.
5. T/Case cross member bent slightly and with a tight aftermarket shifter clearance began vibrating cab
6. Power Antenna, why do I still have it?
7. Oil Pan Bolts loosened up
8. Head lights are miserable, need some HID bulbs or something
9. Need to hardwire fridge

nckwltn

Explorer
6. Power Antenna, why do I still have it?

I ended up adding a switch to break the connection between the radio and the power antenna motor. This let's me keep the antenna down with the radio on (usually using Bluetooth anyway) but still put the antenna up for radio reception.

Its the same wire that tells the amp to turn on. Blue in color if I recall correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk