Skersfan's build for Old Sarge, May 2012...

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Just had my first opportunity to play with the new electronics module. WOW!!!! This thing plugs into shore power or generator, determines the the level of the battery, too low it goes on fast charge 14.4 volts, and brings it to 13.7 volts very quickly, if it is down only a small mount, comes on at 13.6 volts and levels it off. If it is in storage and no 12 volt use, it comes on every 21 hours for 15 minutes to bring the battery to 13.6 volts. It runs 12 12 volt circuits, and 4 110 circuts. Very impressed with it, all on a 30 amp breaker with standard 110 plug through Marinco house to trailer plug in.

It also allows for the solar to be plugged into the 12 volt system, so with Morningstar digital 15 I can see exactly how much electricity is being used, and when on solar how much is coming in. Quite a piece of equipment and priced unbelieveably reasonable.

Back to work!!!

Last edited:

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
No I don't, I have to be in Ouray Colorado on the 15th for the FJ Summit, dropping the trailer off to Old Sarge on the 14th sometime, still have to get my stuff ready and the truck ready, All Pro is putting on the new swing out bumper on Tuesday, have to replace a tie rod and have it aligned. Back to work.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Fridge and Slider pics...

002-3.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-3.jpg

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Sunday 07/08/12 update...

I ran the XM/Sirius antenna under some 3M anti-skid. Very strong stuff, should keep it there with out moving and protect it from anything put on the roof rack (if it ever gets here). Finished the gas lines, realized a mistake was made so have to redo it today, top feed instead of bottom feed. Installed new TV wall mount, still have to run cable to it. Installed aluminum floor barrier/insulation and the Restava 8-inch memory foam mattress with two pillows. Closed the interior, hoping not to go in again. In and out of that sucker 10K times if once. Back is killing me, lol.

Do not have enough insert for the trim, will pick that up tomorrow with the other side handrail, and will install both. Do the trim and then do the silicone on the outside and look at the bottom for any areas missed. Fill with water and propane and see where the leaks are. Install the back sliding doors. I am doing them like my original idea of all fiberglass, much stronger and will stay clean easier. Had thought about doing it the same as the upper wood, but feel it would get dirty and never come clean and be far easier to break.

Change in plans on the graphics. Will not be done until Tuesday now. The guy is out of town teaching classes on vinyl wrapping. Goes all over the world, supposedly one of the best, trained by the originator of wrapping while stationed in Europe years ago. Pretty amazing, the money he makes for the classes.

Have to have it wrapped up by end of day Tuesday, so back to work. - Bob

001-1.jpg

002-4.jpg

003-2.jpg

005-3.jpg

007-1.jpg

008.jpg

009-1.jpg

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
As in any start up company, things are learned with each trailer. I am very happy with this trailer. I like the single piece front and roof, the new battery is amazing, the electronics module, makes life so easy, no worries about a special charger to charge the battery, enough 12 volt leads for a small army. I did not think I would like the front window as it is wider than I had planned, but it gives more light and the chance to look at the stars befor nodding off.

The supplier made me an offer I could not refuse, so will use thes on all trailers. I love the new doors, they sound like a car door when closing. I also like the fact that there are two.

I am worrying about the roof rack, I was told it shipped early last week, and it is a one off rack. I may have to make brackets for the Fox Wing. The Fox Wing is a great addition to the trailer, it gives it so much cover and shade it is amazing. I will purchase some of the wall units for enclosing on the Wolf Creek Pack model.

The water level for the fresh water and the grey water is a lot of work, but will be a great benefit I think. The out door 12 volt plug is a good addition for those that do a tent off the side.

Sarge had requested a XM radio, considerable amount more work, but in the end will be a good adition to the trailer. Setting out in the wilderness listening to Finebaum in the afternoon will be fun. Or the Cable guy or jazz or what ever floats your boat.

Still have not recieved the max coupler, may have to go another direction on that.

A lot of refinement on the this trailer, lessons learned, time spent in not the best direction, but crossed those roads off now.

This thing should be ready to rock and roll tomorrow evening. Will drag it down to the graphics guy on Tuesday, take it by my billionaire buddie's office, sucker just bought a new Jeep, so he needs a trailer. lol.

Thanks for all the interest and the comments, thanks to Switawi (Reid) for all the help and to Sarge for his ideas and comments. My builds for people will be like this, you will all know where their trailer is. I have no desire to make hundreds, I am thinking maybe 6 a year will be all I can handle and enjoy doing it. Too much work, too many things go into it to rush it. Hired a kid who lasted one phone call. I will be late after he was already two hours late, NEVER MIND. So will do them alone. Then I know everything about them.

Xrunner

Explorer
Looking great... I've enjoyed reading this build as much as your first, thanks for posting it!

Is the plastic in the below picture part of the floor covering or removed before the trailer is finished?

005-3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk