Skersfan's New Shuttle Pod Trailer Build...

bob

Adventurer
Hope to have all the little things buttoned by Surf And Turf.

Should have pricing figured out this weekend, I think. If not by mid week next week.

grimbo

Explorer
That has come together great.

Couple of things. What about mounting the front Rotopak to the body behind the spare looks a bit out of place there. Also think as an ex signwriter the graphics need a bit if work, to me they look a bit last minute and don't really suit the design. Earth roamer do great graphics as they are designed around the vehicle, be worth having a look at how they do it, not to steal the design just the application.

Now if you could ship one down under for purely testing and R&D well I'm your man :)

Can't wait to see how this all turns out for you

bob

Adventurer
AVI graphics did the graphics. His vehicles are normally featured at SEMA. I did not want wild graphics. I actually asked him to do the Wrangler Kevlar tire print on the trailer. I want something that is simple and not terribly expensive. This fit my bill. Unfortunately some things were added after the graphics. Side box, grey water holding tank. Not their fault. Poor scheduling on my part.

The roto pax will behind the spare area, but not enough room for it on this one. Again proto type, I had planned on it going in front of the side window, but did not like how it looked.

Trailer made its second event with no problems, and was approached by a off road parts dealer that wants to sell them. Not ready for that yet by any means. It does appear that I have something no one else has, and it is very well recieved by the off road public. Everything is moving forward as planned.

wikid

Adventurer
I suggest you not do any graphics. Just maybe a company name, or model.
The customer can decide if they want custom graphics made, to fit their taste.
If someone requests graphics, then you can add it afterwards.
As a quasi partnership, you could offer custom graphics done, by your graphics person. They could do the coordinating with the graphics company, so you don't have to invest your time into it.
Just a thought
thanks
Don

bob

Adventurer
It is hard thing to satisfy everyone, they are okay with me, Patti does not like them much at all. The logos are on now and moving forward with getting the business license, DMV information and bonded. Hope to have some sort of brochure together before Surf and Turf. Possibly have the web site by then, but who knows. More work to getting the paper work than there is to building the trailers. lol.

crews8r

Wow, awesome build!! I am trying to decide wether to build or buy, is there any chance you would be willing to share how much it cost you to build this? Excellent work!

bobDog

Expedition Leader
heheheh Lets see....you tell me how much it cost you and then I check out your retail.....hmmmmmm.....so thats how much he makes per unit....wow. I wouldn't hold out much hope here:sombrero:

bob

Adventurer
I will say this. This is the strongest tear drop on the market. This is desgined to last a life time. I have built larger trailers like this one and had them rolled on the freeway and in the desert. 90 percent of the time it was just roll it over drag it home and have new outer skin replaced. I can not say that about my expedition box trailers or anyone elses for that matter. Although I have never had a box trailer rolled that I am aware of due to the low center of gravity. The tear drop has an even lower center of gravity.

If I did not think it was the best trailer out there I would not build it. I can tell you that the projected price fully loaded is very close to the other manufacturers base trailer price. I will also say if I was pricing it as others do it would be alot more than what they are charging for theirs fully loaded.

I am not at liberty to state prices, as I am working on becoming a vendor, but have to get the web site up first to qualify. I can tell you that they are far below what you would expect.

I will say that the price to build is actually more resonable than building the metal box trailers that I was building. I will also tell you that the engineering in this is far and away above the box trailers. And it is a lot more fun to build.

No prices, sorry.

crews8r

No worries on no pricing, but I had to try :0) Are you considering building more than one size, same trailer just scaled down some? I live in oregon and would love to not have to deal with a soggy RTT every time it rains! I would also like to pass along a good contact up here in Salem Oregon, Steve is owner of Compact Camping Concepts http://compactcampingconcepts.com/ and he might be interested in being a vendor for you, he is currently working on a similar project and build explorer boxes with RTT's. Anyway, sweet trailer let us know when you have them for sale!

crews8r

I just saw that you were in Eugene, prolly don't need a vendor in Salem... I'm actually in Dallas and would love to look at your trailers when they are up for sale, I'd also be interested in any used trailers you might be willing to part with!

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
No worries on no pricing, but I had to try :0) Are you considering building more than one size, same trailer just scaled down some? I live in oregon and would love to not have to deal with a soggy RTT every time it rains! I would also like to pass along a good contact up here in Salem Oregon, Steve is owner of Compact Camping Concepts http://compactcampingconcepts.com/ and he might be interested in being a vendor for you, he is currently working on a similar project and build explorer boxes with RTT's. Anyway, sweet trailer let us know when you have them for sale!

isn't it "Scott"?

crews8r

Woops, I think your right! I have chatted with him a few times through Zukiworld and then last weekend he came on a mid valley crawler run with us, he is a way nice guy! I sure hope I haven't been calling him Steve... Thanks for the correction!

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
It's ok...

now I'm to the point I always blame it on age...lol

100% right about a great guy....and he has nice products also!

:beer:

bob

Adventurer
The trailers are available for sale, just not through the forum. AT spends a lot of money on this site and I do not want to do anything that is not correct. Hopefully in the near future I can quote prices and compare to the other great trailers being built by AT, Sierra and SoCal Tear drops. Life is full of choices, I just hope mine gives people another option to consider.

bob

Adventurer
Unfortunately the air assist torflex axle is not available for the 2500 pound area, only down to 5500 pounds. Possibly in the future they will be offering it, but not going to hold my breath. They feel if properly set up the current torflex will work perfectly for what we do. I have not had any problems in the last two and half years running them so will have to say they are right, just a little disappointed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh