sliders

beerhiker

Adventurer
Whats everyone running for sliders on 01-04 Tacoma double cabs? Looking for options that stay tight to the body as possible while still being functional, kind of like what come on FJs. I like the look of the Stubbs but anyone make something that doesnt protrude quite so much?

SpaceWrangler

i think the demello sliders are what you want. ...they don't stick out as far as some of the other offerings.

slider%202.jpg

irish_11

Explorer
Not to hijack, but I am interested too. I like the idea of bolt on, but Im not too sold on the $350+ price...

SpaceWrangler

Not to hijack, but I am interested too. I like the idea of bolt on, but Im not too sold on the $350+ price...

the bolt-on version is $555. the weld-on version is $375.

i've never really understood why there was such a dramatic price difference between the two. ..i guess, in this case, you really pay for the convienence of not having to weld.

irish_11

Explorer
the bolt-on version is $555. the weld-on version is $375.

i've never really understood why there was such a dramatic price difference between the two. ..i guess, in this case, you really pay for the convienence of not having to weld.

Ya, that I have never understood either. I've been looking for a while and I like the idea of bolt on so that I can take them off to paint, or change things around. I like the design style and price of the Trail gear sliders, but I want more quality. It's always a toss up. But for me I cant justify $400+. I spend 85% of my trucks life on the road, so they wont take too much abuse. Just random tree, or rock, or rare hilifting offroad. I like the other designs, I just dont like the price.

sasaholic

Adventurer
ud be supprised what people have dished out to the trail gear sliders and they hold up well. i dropped almost 2 feet onto a rock with the sliders i made and they didnt budge. there a combo of 2x2 square tube and 2 inch round tube. ill try to get a pic of later

dnellans

Adventurer
I went with CBI fab on my '04 up in idaho. I got them as a steal because the made an extra pair and they were bolt on. As much as its painful to pay extra for the bolt on, I'm totally sold. I had some fitment issues and they were really helpful getting that fixed up even though they basically sold them to me near cost. Steve is a top notch guy.

I think I've only actually dragged a slider once, so it maybe not justify the cost of them. As a person who has kayaks on top of their truck often, just having a full length step that runs the length of the truck and is very "high" near the body work is unbelievably helpful. I never really thought about it until they were on, and I'd do it again just for this feature!

RusM

Adventurer
Whats everyone running for sliders on 01-04 Tacoma double cabs? Looking for options that stay tight to the body as possible while still being functional, kind of like what come on FJs. I like the look of the Stubbs but anyone make something that doesnt protrude quite so much?
You WANT them to stick out, way further than you think you do when they're first going on. That's what protects your truck from damage. I wish I would have listened to the guy that out them on and had him put them where he recommended originally, they would have stuck out about 3" more and had less of an angle, making them more useful as protection and as steps.

I bet it cost $200 to have someone weld them on
It's about an hour's worth of labor, so it depends on the shop rate. Or find somebody in your area with a welder and spring for welding gas and a good lunch!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk