small generator suggestions.

Curmudgeon

Adventurer
I have a Honda EU3000is also, and I would definitely second the folks who have suggested Honda, but they are pretty expensive for occasional use.
If we were that worried about things being expensive, few if any of us would be doing any of this stuff. The difference between a cheap generator and a top-of-the-line generator is only a few hundred bucks. Many of the people here spend far more than that for non-essential "bling."

I have three Honda generators, including an EU2000, and they have been trouble free since I bought the first one about 30 years ago. I expect to be using them until I die, and they will probably outlast me. Expensive? Sort of. But you're not likely to ever have to replace it, and may never even have to repair it. My oldest one has literally thousands of hours on it, and all I've ever done is change the oil and clean the spark plug. Well, . . . I did have to take the recoil starter off and lube it last year.

Bite the bullet, spend the money, buy the best, and live trouble free.

JP

lostissues

Well I stopped by Lowe's on the way home from work to check on generators and look at propane heaters. well they had a Mr. Heater Portable Tough Buddy (MH9B) on sale for 79.99 so I decided to pick it up for now and if it turns out to be not what I wanted I could return it within the 30 days. well when I rung it up it said 59.99 and it looks like it will work for my application. I grabbed a double pack of 1lb propane just to get it started/try it out. I will probably mount a 20lb bottle on the tongue of the trailer and pipe in some hose so I can hook it up. So for now this will be all I need, I will use some flashlights, led camping lights to see around and pass on the monitor/DVD for now.

Thanks for the help guys!

justfred

Adventurer
x1 on Honda EU1000i

I got mine on Craigslist for $400 - it's light enough to carry in a backpack if needed, runs forever, powers lights and battery chargers and pretty much anything I need - makes so little noise I forget it's there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner