SnowPeak chairs

Green Ganesha

Adventurer
RHINO said:
now to contribute to this thread,,,, for some reason i decided to go in k-mart one day. dont know why, i havent been there in a loooong time,,, but they had this nice looking and comfy chair, turned out it was the weeks special at $18
so i had to buy it, its got some plastic parts but seems pretty decently made and so far its doing real well, and comfy.
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_256000002125-731P?keyword=camping+chair

I also use those same Coleman high-backed sling chairs as my mainstay campsite seating. I agree: they are comfortable, and so far have withstood my abuse.

2125-731_500.JPG

ScottK

I will attest to the comfort and quality of the Kermit chair. I got one for myself and now my wife wants one. They are truly well made and will probably be the last camp chair I ever buy. If it lasts 10 years (which I am sure it will) that works out to 12 dollars a year. Small price to pay for such comfort and quality in my opinion.

But the best part the chair is how small they fold up and little room they take in the truck. I hate lugging around or packing other monstrosities that pass for camp chairs, then after I set up 4 of them it looks like a Walmart exploded in my camp. The Kermits are compact and easily assembled. Or you can leave them assembled and just fold them up.

Bergger said:
I think I've found the chair I'm gonna buy. I was at REI today and they have the REI Comfort LTG Chair. If you are looking for a lower setting chair like a Kermit you should try this out. The pillow is attached and slides up and down so it can support your lower back or upper back. They are only $29 so I think I'm gonna pick up 2. They come it orange and green, fold up flat and have a shoulder strap.

1460898.jpg

Good call on that one- light, small, and comfy. Plus, Returns and Exchanges International... err... ummm... Recreational Equipment Incorporated stands behind all of their equipment for life.

:ylsmoke:

sinuhexavier

Explorer
I'm personally in love with my Snow Peak chairs. The white canvas is a serious design flaw, but is easily thrown in the wash. Now after a year or so of use they have a nice worn in patina to them.

Bergger

Explorer
WhereTheHellIsJames? said:
Good call on that one- light, small, and comfy. Plus, Returns and Exchanges International... err... ummm... Recreational Equipment Incorporated stands behind all of their equipment for life.

:ylsmoke:

1460898.jpg

I'm telling you that is one comfy chair. The wife gave me the look, :littlefriend: , the other week at REI when I had two of them on my shoulder so they went back in the pile. :( We're going back next week to take advantage of our 20% member coupon to get some new hiking boots. I think I'm going to use the other 15% coupon I have and grab one any way. How long can she stay mad? And with the coupon it'll then be considered on sale! :jump:

86cj

Explorer
I have two Kermit chairs and have been very happy with them. The folded size led me to Kermit chair, but the workmanship and quality have inspired pride in ownership.
The extentions only wobble when you don't make sure the legs are pushed out to each corner with a little nudge from your foot. If you have kids who fiddget around alot they would not be the best choice..

When size is not an issue my Commander chairs from Camping World are absolutely the most comfortable chairs we have had.....http://www.campingworld.com/printable/index.cfm?title=Commander%20Chair&page=/browse/skus/default&skunum=23675&tcode=20

I go to the infield of a Nascar race with two other familys for for 5 days, this was our 14th year. All of our different types of chairs are lined up side by side and all numbers of people sit in them constantly......

Our Commander chairs are always occupied when other are not, a true test of human preference.......I know this because some people are operating with the brain mostly turned off for long periods yet they choose my chair over others, to re-boot their brain.......

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Green Ganesha said:
I also use those same Coleman high-backed sling chairs as my mainstay campsite seating. I agree: they are comfortable, and so far have withstood my abuse.

2125-731_500.JPG

I sat in one of those, WAY comfortable! I am going to look into one for sure.

Rezarf <><

targa88

Explorer
Bergger said:
1460898.jpg

I'm telling you that is one comfy chair. I think I'm going to use the other 15% coupon I have and grab one any way.:

Just picked up one @ REI in SLC.
Excellent - glad I got one

roberto

Adventurer
I just bought the Byer's Glider chair which is made of hardwood and cnavas and it actually rocks a little, very nice chair, and then recently bought a Kermit chair in which I bought directly from Kermit and they also gave me $20 off for Military discount. I was looking at the Snow Peak and wondering the way they are designed how comfortable they are for it seems they make your legs slump to the middle together for the canvas curves up at the sides? I like the looks of them besides that and may have to try one?

Roberto

overlander

Expedition Leader
Miss R2FJ said:
Since this subject came up I'd like to post about the Pico chair from GCI Outdoor

Josh had the GCI Highlander before which is similar minus the cupholder, storage pocket and ability to fold into a small size...I was using an Eddie Bauer foldable camp chair that was comfy but I swear it was too big for the bag it came in. On our last several trips we had problems comfortably and easily storing both of these chairs. On our last adventure with Lance he whips out this chair (which when folded down is about the same size as a laptop shoulder bag) in 5 seconds and is sitting down munching his lunch while I'm still trying to get mine out of the bag, and Josh is still trying to dig his out of the truck! :elkgrin:

It's not cheap, but the fact that it is super comfy, has a cup holder and folds down into almost nothing made us run to the nearest REI and trade in the Highlander for two Picos!

I am seriously considering dropping some dimes on a set of four of these chairs, but wanted to know about the long term durability of this chair. Does anyone have some experience with it that can chime in on multi-trip durability? Is it expedition quality?

jeeperaz

Observer
roberto said:
I just bought the Byer's Glider chair which is made of hardwood and cnavas and it actually rocks a little, very nice chair, and then recently bought a Kermit chair

How about a comparison/opinion between the two?

Bergger

Explorer
jeeperaz said:
How about a comparison/opinion between the two?

I bought a Byers Glider chair from REI. It took me about 1/2 hour to put together and it ended up being one of the most uncomfortable chairs I have ever sat in! It is very large and heavy, not good for camping at all. If you are tall, 6' and over your head will rest nicely on the hard flat piece of wood that it at the top of the sling. Maybe it is more comfy for shorter people. It is definitely constructed nice but I just found in impractical for camping and not comfortable at all. I took it back to REI and exchanged it for two of the REI LTG comfort chairs. I could not be happier with them.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
overlander said:
I am seriously considering dropping some dimes on a set of four of these chairs, but wanted to know about the long term durability of this chair. Does anyone have some experience with it that can chime in on multi-trip durability? Is it expedition quality?

From the hands on experience I have had with them they are high quality chairs. Lance, from Disabled Explorer's is out with some on his continental divide expedition. The unique packing, and compact size make this an optimum chair IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy