So Cal Teardrops

jkce72

Observer
Hi everyone. I haven't posted much, but have been enjoying this site for awhile now. I was just browsing So Cals website and couldn't find the teardrop kits they used to offer. Does anyone know if these are still available, or have they done away with that?

STREGA

Explorer
They are no longer offering the U-build it yourself kits now that they are selling franchises of their tear drops. I was interested in doing a kit also but by the time I was in a position to purchase a TD they were not doing the kits any longer, so I went ahead and ordered a 459 Krawler that will be ready around Aug. 15th. If I remember right they are booked out until Oct.

jkce72

Observer
Thanks for the reply STREGA. To bad on the kits, that seemed like a good way to get into a nice trailer and save a little money. Looks like I'll have to build my own now. Congrats, on your Krawler make sure to post some pics and tell us how you like it.

KX6D

It looks like I'll have their Buzz-Off model for evaluation by the end of the month. I can't wait!

Dino - KX6D

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Strega is correct, they're no longer offering build it yourself kits. Im sure Gabe Pari will jump in and confirm, as he's a member of this board.

jkce72

Observer
So I guess I don't fully understand why they would do away with the kits because of offering franchises. I would think that shipping these would be pricey, so with more locations it would be easier for people to get them.

STREGA

Explorer
Thanks for the reply STREGA. To bad on the kits, that seemed like a good way to get into a nice trailer and save a little money. Looks like I'll have to build my own now. Congrats, on your Krawler make sure to post some pics and tell us how you like it.

I was disapointed on the kits not being offered anymore but understand the reasons why also. Being able to save a few thousand dollars in this economy would be nice, but being able to use it as soon as I pick it up is nice also, it would have been the end of this year before I would have it built, so I couldn't even use it till next Spring at the soonest. Talked to Mike today on some of the details, doing a little different cabinets in the cabin and eliminating the pass thru to the galley, getting a little excited about it now. :wings:

estysalinas

I know what you mean about waiting....the date to pickup my 459 could not come soon enough!

Love it so far though!

STREGA

Explorer
I know what you mean about waiting....the date to pickup my 459 could not come soon enough!

Love it so far though!

As I get older my ability to be patient gets better, but I would be lying if I said the day to pu the Krawler can't come soon enough!

I'am pretty sure we will love it as well, we had a homebuilt TD a couple years ago, we liked the basic idea of the TD, but it was a on-road TD mostly (ie low ground clearance) and it was homebuilt by a local guy here and had some issues that would have cost more to correct than it was worth.

FishPOET

Adventurer
It looks like I'll have their Buzz-Off model for evaluation by the end of the month. I can't wait!

Dino - KX6D

268899_1970832122268_1586948477_1963349_7354505_n.jpg

263468_1970837802410_1586948477_1963368_221869_n.jpg

Dino picked it up earlier this week and will be heading for the Cleveland National Forest above Corona for Field Day this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal