So many to choose from.

texas taco

Adventurer
It is time to change the diff, T-case,and grease the u joints. I have used Mobil 1 in the motor since break in. I am debating on using Amsoil, Royal Purple, or keep it Mobil 1 like in the motor.Everybody says their's is the best. Mobil sponsored the Artic Adventure, Amsoil sponsors the Adventure Duo, and FlyingWill sells Royal Purple(and we all know he only sells the best.):bowdown: What makes one out shine the rest?

CJinCA

What tips the scales for me is availability.

Mobil 1 is easy to grab at several locations in my relatively small town. If Amsoil was available locally at my convenience, I might give it a try, but it's not so I don't.

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
ditto

Also, you see Mobil 1 on a lot of expesive stuff: Porsche leaps to mind first. Then there is F1. If there was something beter, I am sure they would use it, no? No doubt Mobil can sponsor someone to put their stickers on something, but Porsche, Aston Martin, Corvette, Lotus ( i think ) all come outta the barn with Mobil 1 in them and a sticker near the oil filler neck that says so. Maybe i am just easy like that, but I will trust Porsche's R&D team over my own - LOL!

texas taco

Adventurer
thanks for the replies. That does make since. That is why i use it Mobil 1 in the motor (quality,and availbilty). OH by the way congrats on the move to Colorado Schattenjager. My wife and I are trying to get there as fast as we can.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
When I was employed in racing we used Redline for those deemed needing synthetic and Swepco dino oil for everything else. I've had Torco in Patch's trans for years.
Summit carries Redline, as do more & more parts stores.

CRD4Liberty

I use Amsoil, it's easier to get than you think and I've had 2 rigs over the last 15 years that went over 200,000 miles on the stuff with no major repairs. One when I sold it was just a tad over 277,000 miles and started as fast as you could turn the key, was still running the original u joints and wheel bearings also. With Amsoil's bypass filter, and air filter installed I was running 100,000 miles between oil changes. You can go 25,000 or one year without the bypass filter. The cam chain and gears were checked at 60,000 miles when they were supposed to be changed. The cam chain and components were found to be in like new condition and never looked at again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk