SoCal - April 17- 21, 2008

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
I will post soon. I know Mc Taco wanted to head back out to DV in April as well. He has expressed the desire to come along with our trip and I am know waiting to see if our chosen dates are going to work for him.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
I'm interested too, but I just looked at the calendar and I'll be fresh back from a week (5th-12th) out there.

Ruffin' It

Explorer
on the way

Mojave Road is amazing too. It isn't too far out of the way if you are doing the desert tour. Lots of history and it is very similar to the way it was hundreds of years ago. Not too hard, and gorgious - especially Soda Lake (dry). I've crossed it several times and am stunned by how surreal it is everytime.

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
cowboy roscoe said:
I am in for either Mc Taco's trip or this one. Put me on the list.....

Cool. Stuart McTaco and I will know by Tuesday whether or not we are going to make this one trip or two seperate trips. He is waiting for his friends to decide what they want to do or if they are going. If they go they are bringing a 5th wheel and using at Furnace Creek as a base camp and going different places from there.

I'm not sure what they are bringing but from what Mc Taco was saying his friend's vehicle will not make it through Mengel Pass.

PabloVTA

Observer
Nor/So-Cal

If the DV doesn't work out, you could try the Carrizo Plain, Jalama beach, and Pismo....all on your way to Santa Maria and eat awesome tri-tip, and do the Sideways wine tour as well.

A little turf, some sand, some surf?

Kinda all in the general direction of your stay up north, but nice areas as well.

PabloVTA said:
If the DV doesn't work out, you could try the Carrizo Plain, Jalama beach, and Pismo....all on your way to Santa Maria and eat awesome tri-tip, and do the Sideways wine tour as well.

A little turf, some sand, some surf?

Kinda all in the general direction of your stay up north, but nice areas as well.

Thanks guys for the other suggestions, but I think the DV trip is working out just fine. Were just waiting for the final word on what is happening.

I will keep these places in mind for a future trip West.

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
DeathValley.jpg

The Death Valley Days trip has moved here.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kabobkabobkabob