SoCal Tear Drop Owners! Post up!

Idaholandho

The other white meat
Wanted to share a couple of pics that were sent to me by Michael@Wanderlust. He has been fantastic to work with. Very accommodating, helpful and has had some great ideas and advice. It has been an incredibly tough wet and cold winter and thanks to Michael for pushing through it and making the wait worth every second.
My wife and I look forward to picking up the 510XS this week. Now that the kids are grown plan to share many trips and adventures but, most of all looking forward to putting the RTT away :)

734.jpg
733.jpg

coastsider

Adventurer
Congratulations that a sweet looking rig, what size rims and tires are you running? Can't make that out from the pics. Also the sink, how does that attach and detach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Idaholandho

The other white meat
Congratulations that a sweet looking rig, what size rims and tires are you running? Can't make that out from the pics. Also the sink, how does that attach and detach?

Thanks! They are 285/75/17 Toyo Open Country R/T.
The aluminum sink slides on and off a small rail that is permanently attached.

mizeide

Michael - Owner Wanderlust Overland

giphy.gif

Last edited:

JCDriller

Adventurer

There are so many things I like about this trailer, but one of my favorite features is the swing out tire carrier with the sink and prep surface. It really provides a TON of usable space and a full size sink right where you need it, in the kitchen.

A few times in this thread someone has said it was no longer an option, but it shows up on your website which also states, "Make it yours...You dream. We make them come true." So is it still an option?

kayak4r

One of the best and most fun things about building one of these teardrops is building it to meet your own needs...and budget :). In the end you get a quality hand built one of a kind trailer that's made to last in a world where so many things are mass produced and disposable.

Seeing these pictures and reading through this thread has got me excited about my delivery date coming up soon. Can't wait to see and tow away what Michael at Wanderlust builds for me!

mizeide

There are so many things I like about this trailer, but one of my favorite features is the swing out tire carrier with the sink and prep surface. It really provides a TON of usable space and a full size sink right where you need it, in the kitchen.

A few times in this thread someone has said it was no longer an option, but it shows up on your website which also states, "Make it yours...You dream. We make them come true." So is it still an option?

I have reached out privately to a few on this thread that have inquired about the swing out carrier, but I will also answer the question on here.
In short, although an admittedly very cool and handy option, the swing out is a very labor/cost intensive option to produce. Due to this and a few other contributing factors relating to production, it was removed from the regular option list on the trailers.

Technically it is not completely "discontinued" and can possibly be optioned and priced on an individual customer basis.

Hope this clears things up a bit!

JCDriller

Adventurer
I have reached out privately to a few on this thread that have inquired about the swing out carrier, but I will also answer the question on here.
In short, although an admittedly very cool and handy option, the swing out is a very labor/cost intensive option to produce. Due to this and a few other contributing factors relating to production, it was removed from the regular option list on the trailers.

Technically it is not completely "discontinued" and can possibly be optioned and priced on an individual customer basis.

Hope this clears things up a bit!

It does, thank you very much. I'm glad it's still possible! My wife and I are planning a nice long trip next summer, so I'll need to make my move soon. I'm still researching trailers, as soon as I lock it down I'll let you guys know.

I've seen some units with a larger sink/cutting board and the propane water heater on the passengers side of the trailer, while others have a smaller sink/prep area and have the propane water heater mounted right next to the sink. Which model do you guys find favorable?

Also, is the floor on these trailers raw wood? If so what is done to inhibit rot or warpage?

Last edited:

mizeide

I've seen some units with a larger sink/cutting board and the propane water heater on the passengers side of the trailer, while others have a smaller sink/prep area and have the propane water heater mounted right next to the sink. Which model do you guys find favorable?

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to, do you have some pictures of examples and I may be able to answer that question better?

Also, is the floor on these trailers raw wood? If so what is done to inhibit rot or warpage?

The floor of the trailers are double layered marine-grade baltic birch plywood with insulation. The bottom is sealed with a thick impermeable poly membrane similar to what is used as the waterproof backer in custom shower enclosures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman