SOLD: 2017 Tacoma TRD OR with Extras + GoFastCamper

johnnyno5

Here is an official build sheet from 2017 for Tacomas with same options as mine.

Attachments

• 2017 Tacoma.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 94

dstefan

Curious how your wind deflector works being (apparently) attached to the camper with the camper/bed flex vs the cab when off-road? Does it move around on the cab roof? And did you notice any mileage improvement, or was it mainly for wind noise?

johnnyno5

When driving into a head wind, the fairing makes a noticeable difference both with noise and fuel consumption. I am now seeing up to 20 MPG on flat interstate, speeds below 70 MPH.

Here is a mockup of what I had in mind for off-road with the wind fairing. I just built the fairing a month ago so I haven't gotten to test off-road. I need to source a couple 5/16" eye bolts to pair with 15 series T-nuts (in my photo, the bungee hooks are jammed directly into the T track). Otherwise yes, the fairing would rattle obnoxiously on the cab roof. On smooth pavement there is no rattling. Note the protective tape I added to the roof.

IMG_1475.jpeg

dstefan

Thanks, that’s a good impact on mpg. Is your deflector hinged do you can pull it up like that?

Nice rig BTW. I love my Tundra, but still miss my Tacoma sometimes!

johnnyno5

Thanks! My Tacoma has been awesome but as my family is growing, a full size truck is increasingly attractive.

Yes, the wind deflector is mounted with four hinges, and I designed the hinge to have a tight fit. So, the deflector will stay raised up without bungees, but while driving off-road it would probably drop itself back down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl