SOLD: 2020 FWC Hawk Flatbed on 2018 F150 Ext Cab 5.0

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
our_4wc.jpg

W00t! It look 24+ hours behind the wheel, but I got her home. Juuuuust fits the driveway after popping the cargo box off the back. (It's closer than it looks in the photo, I've got about 6" clearance to the public sidewalk and 6" behind the truck to a sconce-light next to the garage door.)

Build thread, etc. coming soon. Thanks @dalday, I promise to take good care of her.

ExpoMike

Congrats @Herbie That is AWESOME to see in your driveway. Totally want to check it out one day. 6" front and rear clearance... that's a foot of unused space. LOL. My M1010 is just inside of the sidewalk line and about 12" in the front, to just squeeze by to get to my side yard. The Ram was literally garage door to sidewalk line.

Congrats again, I know it has been a long search for you guys.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
that's a foot of unused space
I knew that was coming! ;)

Yeah, I'll give a little of that back - will adapt rear rack for the usual traction boards/trash bag mounting, and I'll learn to park it right on the sidewalk line to give maximum space to move around behind the truck.

ExpoMike

I knew that was coming! ;)

Yeah, I'll give a little of that back - will adapt rear rack for the usual traction boards/trash bag mounting, and I'll learn to park it right on the sidewalk line to give maximum space to move around behind the truck.

Yep, parking for us is a two person job. Me driving and Lisa letting me know when I am just past the sidewalk line. :giggle:

Again nice rig and I want a tour!!!

ITTOG

View attachment 706453

W00t! It look 24+ hours behind the wheel, but I got her home. Juuuuust fits the driveway after popping the cargo box off the back. (It's closer than it looks in the photo, I've got about 6" clearance to the public sidewalk and 6" behind the truck to a sconce-light next to the garage door.)

Build thread, etc. coming soon. Thanks @dalday, I promise to take good care of her.
You have been looking for a while. Congrats.

andysea

View attachment 706453

What kind of gas milage are you getting with this setup? I have a 2021 F150 3.5EB and I have a hawk flatbed being put on it, just curious what I might expect for fuel consumption, currently I get about 22-23 mpg freeway. Guessing I can expect approx 16 mpg freeway... Awesome rig man!

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
What kind of gas milage are you getting with this setup? I have a 2021 F150 3.5EB and I have a hawk flatbed being put on it, just curious what I might expect for fuel consumption, currently I get about 22-23 mpg freeway. Guessing I can expect approx 16 mpg freeway... Awesome rig man!

IIRC, I was averaging ~15-16mpg on the trip home, which was pretty impressive considering that for most of that trip I was blasting my way across Texas at 80+mph. That number may be slightly optimistic since the rig was partially winterized and mostly devoid of gear at that point (but I WAS carrying the camper jacks, flatbed sides, etc.). I need to take more careful measurements now that I'm getting the rig setup and actually loaded down with a normal loadout. I figured I'd already have a few shakedown trips under my belt already, but Kiddo's school schedule has been punishing. Will start stretching her legs soon, though.

Oscar Mike Gulf Yankee

I'm happy for you Herbie, that should be a great rig! But, I thought you were an Astro guy, you're the reason I still have a lift kit in my garage for an Astro AWD!

Enjoy the comfort, you'll love it!

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I'm happy for you Herbie, that should be a great rig! But, I thought you were an Astro guy, you're the reason I still have a lift kit in my garage for an Astro AWD!

Enjoy the comfort, you'll love it!

I'm a "whatever it takes to get the job done, Guy", and my daughter is almost a teenager! (She was 3 months old when I bought the Astro and started that project.) We still have the van, but we're considering selling it as redundant. I love that van, but hard to justify two overland type vehicles...

Oscar Mike Gulf Yankee

I'm a "whatever it takes to get the job done, Guy", and my daughter is almost a teenager! (She was 3 months old when I bought the Astro and started that project.) We still have the van, but we're considering selling it as redundant. I love that van, but hard to justify two overland type vehicles...
LOL, you mean it's been that long? You don't need no justification! You don't want to climb the "steps" in that Black Beauty, you need Herbie to take you where the Black Beauty shouldn't go. Now you have "options", and look down the road in just a few years, your daughter will need her own "Overlander" she'll be the coolest girl in high school! Think of all those guys that will be knocking at the door, you just gotta keep Herbie! :)) :))

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner