(SOLD) 2022 Tundra + FWC Hawk Full-time Overland Dream Build

Jesmor3

Quick question, apologies if I missed it, there's a ton of great stuff in this build. But what are the mods you added after buying it? Curious what was most recently upgraded.
Thanks
Travis
Thanks! Yeah it is a dream build and I didn't spare any cost. I basically did everything except the flatbed install, wheels, and tires. They had basic airbags on the rear but I upgraded those. So pretty much every mod is recent with less than 5,000 miles. But here's a list of literally everything I paid to have done. See original post for part details, etc:

Truck:
Full ICON Stage 6 Suspension Upgrade both front and rear have reservoirs!
Front Bumper install (complicated with new Tundra airflow tech)
Winch with new hook
All front off road lights
Rear seat delete with safe (still have the seats)
Console Safe
RAM dash mounts
ARB dual compressor
Icon Rear Track Bar
Rear seat 12V Dual plugs (for cab fridge and other 12V device)

Camper:
All new Camper wiring upgrade to truck and roof and inside.
Upgraded 400ah Lithium Battery
Upgraded Solar Controller
Installed RedArc BDDC
Upgraded the solar panels and mounting (tough to fit perfectly but they do!)
Installed 3000W Inverter (also wired to the 2 camper 110V outlets)
Blue Sea Breakers
(all of this electrical LABOR alone was $2,300 USD)
(Battery alone was $2k+, 400ah is no joke :) )

lmk if you have any questions. No pets, no kids. Happy to do a video call tour too if you're serious and want to see before inspecting in person.

trabs00

Lifetime Social Distancer
Si, Si very intrigued
I'll shoot you a DM this weekend. My trip home from Mojave could slight detour though SLC, in a couple weeks.
I gotta take the wife to Mule in WA for her opinion on the hawk flatbed before my trip though.
I've always gonne AGM, A my as I Do a lot of cold and hot weather camping. Any issues with charging in really cold / hot weather?

Last edited:

Jesmor3

Si, Si very intrigued
I'll shoot you a DM this weekend. My trip home from Mojave could slight detour though SLC, in a couple weeks.
I gotta take the wife to Mule in WA for her opinion on the hawk flatbed before my trip though.
I've always gonne AGM, ASS I DO A LOT OF COLD or Hot weather camping. Any issues with charging in really cold /hot é weather?
I considered temps when choosing the electrical system and that’s why I got a battery with an integrated heater in it. It takes care of itself.

Also the battery will charge from both the MPPT solar controller AND the engine (BCDC) at the same time. Not all systems do this. The battery can take 200A input and even both of those at the same time don’t hit 200A.

Since I was going to be working and living in it at the same time, it had to dependably power my starlink and laptop all day. Hence the major solar and battery choices. I wanted to guarantee it was overpowered for my calculations of usage. And actually, I made it plug and play to add a second 400ah battery just in case I found one to not be enough. 🤓 (or wanted to charge big toys like an electric dirt bike)

The coldest I experienced was about 15F in snow in southern Utah in December. No issues at all.

Jesmor3

Si, Si very intrigued
I've always gonne AGM, ASS I DO A LOT OF COLD or Hot weather camping. Any issues with charging in really cold /hot é weather?
It may not be here in a couple weeks (it’s getting featured on ExPo in a few days) but I’m happy to meet anywhere nearby for you to take a look! 😄

trabs00

Lifetime Social Distancer
General question.
Do you have the factory build sheet for the truck. It's SR5, but any other options / differences then "standard package"

Also, documentation for any recalls open and completed. The 1st year of 3rd Gen Tundras, have had many recalls IIRC.

Last edited:

Jesmor3

General question.
Do you have the factory build sheet for the truck. It's SR5, but any other options / differences then "standard package"

Also, documentation for any recalls open and completed. The 1st year of 3rd Gen Tundras, have had many recalls IIRC.
All recalls are up to date except the Tonne cover recall since it doesn’t have the pickup bed anymore. I’ll get confirmation from Toyota Tuesday when it’s there for oil.

Attachments

• IMG_4178.jpeg
    IMG_4178.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4179.jpeg
    IMG_4179.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 58

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad