SOLD - F550 4wd Diesel / Utility Body / Bigfoot TC combo up for sale

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
PM's replied, we are now planning on heading inland a bit to Lassen and down to Tahoe;

The rig is currently registered in FL because our registration came up for renewal while we were wintering in the Keys; and in FL it's registered and insured as a truck and slide in camper.

In MA I registered it as a camper since it saved a bunch of registration hassle and $ and insurance $. So it can be done both ways, just depends on your state I guess and who you deal with.

Will get some current interior pics (gray leather, very clean interior) up and some more detail pics up soon.

Other misc details I left out: It also has a plow package from factory, 120V heater plug, dual alternators, front receiver and tow hooks, and the bumper is winch ready.

Fuel cap is about 20gal front / 40 gal rear tanks - standard dash switch from Ford, and the computer on the ceiling updates to show remaining range for each tank.

The propane line for the original generator is capped off in the (now battery / inverter) compartment, would be easy to add a quick disconnect for external propane stoves / campfires etc. We use my old 2 burner coleman white gas when we're cooking outside so far.

A pic from yesterday in redwood land:

DSC_5809.jpg

Last edited:

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
We will be rolling into the Tahoe area today and Yosemite after that, may stay in Tahoe area through the weekend since it seems a few folks might want to see it here -

Also I know I wrote a book in the first posting so it may be hard to find the basic facts you need - but these questions keep coming up -

It is a 4wd. Hi/Lo range, manual Warn hubs.

We have been averaging 11-14mpg with the camper.

The bumper is winch ready.

"Bulletproofing" is basically a rebuild of the motor, with improvements made and work done to address some factory issues known to the 6.0 liter motor now that it has some years of history behind its use.

The rear bench seat and rear belts are in storage in MA. I will make every attempt to get them to the new owner(s), and am planning later this year to bring our stuff in storage trailer in MA out west, likely NM.

MTAA

Adventurer
I agree on the 6.0 bullet proofing comments. I couldn't be happier with ours thus far!

GLWS.

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
^ they run nice, don't they? Some run them fine stock and have no issues, some do the much cheaper partial bulletproofing without the upgraded studs and gaskets, but it's definitely peace of mind to have the whole deal done.

Spent the night in the high desert at Mono Lake, headed to Yosemite / Fresno area later today. I think I have answered all PM's, emails, and phone msg's - if anyone is waiting please hit me up again. We are planning on staying for much of the week in that area, can show the rig to whoever is semi-local and I'm going to pop off the camper and get an alignment and lube done.

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
Yep 138k today, if your state requires the original egr system or something you could pop an egr cooler back on for a few hundred IIRC - I opted to take it out of the system. The coolers are probably also cheap from all the folks tossing them - but the premium upgraded Bulletproof diesel one is $350.

It was originally a CA truck so I'm not sure if that helps with CA officialry :)

Last edited:

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
The rig is in Coarsegold, CA for a week now - was fun driving from Bodie over the Sonora pass with its 26% grades yesterday (ha) and we checked into Park Sierra here. The weekend would probably be best to meet up but PM me and make arrangements if you want to see it here - going to pop off the camper for a bit, see Yosemite and the area, and get some maintenance done.

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
Also don't think I mentioned the camper has a rear awning over the entry stairs

and a lighted basement storage area too - outside hatch access. We keep chairs, backpacks, pads, all kinds of stuff in there.

and the PO changed the clutch from DMF to SMF according to him. I just know it feels fine and holds strong - like in 2nd gear, going down 26% grades yesterday without riding the brakes :)

hrududu

Adventurer
A photo in your gallery shows the camper off the truck. Do you know if it is possible or practical at campgrounds to remove the camper and go off exploring in the truck? Also does it have a pass-through from camper to cab? Thanks!

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
Certainly - it's a regular truck camper in that regard - remote controlled Happijacs at each corner. Everything is independently usable on the camper when it's off the truck - all the solar and batteries etc.

Both the truck and camper have sliders that meet up but it's not usable as a pass through due to a slight offset and small slider on the camper, you could pass items back and forth though

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Interested as we are looking for a more lux alternative to our van. Maybe missed it in the description...Is the truck 4wd?
PM sent. I would like to chat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk