SOLD!!!! FOR SALE: NEW 2022 Toyota Land Cruiser VDJ79 - $55k OBO

BDRXO

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
It would almost be worth it to relocate to Panama for 25 years just to see that thing in your driveway every morning...major drool factor. I dove one of these in AUS a few years ago....what a beautiful machine

hygge_tramp

It’s really more a three part question:
1) Can it be shipped to the US?
2) Can it make it past an inspection by the import police/Homeland Security?
3) Can it be licensed and insured?

We know the answer to #3 is no, it cannot be registered for on-road use in the US.

I’m not sure about #2.

#2 is a hard 'no'. It would fail within minutes of inspection due to no EPA & NHTSA stickers on door / grill. Though even if it were to have those items you would still need a letter from the manufacturer stating its compliance and it would be subject to a 25% tariff (search: 'chicken tax'). I just learned this lesson the hard way trying to import a 4x4 Fuso.

etfreder

#2 is a hard 'no'. It would fail within minutes of inspection due to no EPA & NHTSA stickers on door / grill. Though even if it were to have those items you would still need a letter from the manufacturer stating its compliance and it would be subject to a 25% tariff (search: 'chicken tax'). I just learned this lesson the hard way trying to import a 4x4 Fuso.
This is true. You cannot register and title the car in the US until 2047. However if can be registered/titled in a foreign country and driven in the United States. This is what Ernesto with Overland The Americas does with his 78 trooopy.

Sooooooo, where there is a will there is a way! Stretched an 80 series chassis to fit the 79 body. Cummins R2.8/NV4500/Split 60 with 10%OD. I put 20,000 miles in 12 months after completing the build. Haven't driven this truck in several months now, I might consider selling this one???? 2020 body on a 97 chassis, drivetrain new at time of build. Not trying to hijack but this is registered in the US and already here.
IMG_6761.jpg
66569174597__7C589F7A-730E-4048-BE5F-B8D191A6C95A.jpg
IMG_7300.jpg
IMG_7209.jpg
IMG_7152.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad