[sold] New on the lot four wheel camper Hawk rollover ($32,838, SLC UT)

hvy63

SOLD

Rare opportunity to get yourself into a brand new 4WC Hawk model! My partner and I ordered this in December 2021 with an expected delivery of March 2023. Life happened and we ended up separating. Neither of us can swing the camper alone and so we are selling our spot. Our loss is your chance to skip the 18 month lead time! We've paid the deposit and and the camper is in the queue at four wheel. You would deal directly with our retailer (Equipt Expedition Outfitters) in Salt Lake City (read: no sketchy internet dealings). Purchase includes installation and the camper ETA is March. The total price is $32,838 (firm).

I've attached the build sheet. Key options are summarized below:

Brand: four wheel camper (4 wheel camper, 4WC)
Model: Hawk
Floor plan: Rollover couch
Fabric: paradigm admiral
Siding: metallic charcoal smooth
Options: Flush mount sink, 130L 2 way fridge, furnace, thermal pack, two fans, yakima tracks.

As I understand it the options are locked in at this point (will confirm with Equipt). Dry weight is around 1350lb, 26 gallons of water weighs 216lbs so total weight, no gear, no people is around 1566lbs.
Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 7.00.55 PM.png
Really sad to not get a chance to utilize this sweet rig but hopefully it will make someone else happy.

Last edited:

Ozarker

Average motel in the US costs $205 a night. 2 nights in my tent and one at a motel, I can be on the road for about a year and four months. :unsure:

What's the salvage value of that rig after 16 months?

tacollie

Glamper
Average motel in the US costs $205 a night. 2 nights in my tent and one at a motel, I can be on the road for about a year and four months. :unsure:

When we bought our camper I figured approximately 180 nights of hotel stays to break even. Then I subtracted 30% because the quality of the experience. Camper is more enjoyable than most hotels/vrbos. With the camper I don't have to worry about bad neighbors, I get to use my pillows, my sheets, nobody has ever smoked cigarettes in it, my dog is always welcome, no bed bugs, it has a great mattress, and I can actually get a good night's sleep in it. It's 4 years old and I could fire sell it for 75% of the original value.

This camper is a good deal as it is 2021 pricing. It be another $5k if you ordered it today.

GLWS

4x4ready

if your staying where there are motels you don’t need an aluminum frame popup camper optimized to go to remote places where motels don’t exist.

Ozarker

if your staying where there are motels you don’t need an aluminum frame popup camper optimized to go to remote places where motels don’t exist.
That's a very good observation, never thought of it that way. I think that would remain a valid point with a steel framed camper as well. But, I did mention a tent, that should cover those remote areas.
I hope for all the best for the OP and getting that new Hawk off his hands.
Otherwise, he and his partner may have to eat the $5,000 deposit over a spat between them.

4x4ready

That's a very good observation, never thought of it that way. I think that would remain a valid point with a steel framed camper as well. But, I did mention a tent, that should cover those remote areas.
I hope for all the best for the OP and getting that new Hawk off his hands.
Otherwise, he and his partner may have to eat the $5,000 deposit over a spat between them.

tenting is always an option, more connected but silly in certain applications. After tent camping for decades I’m very happy in our FWC and break out the tent from time to time. Steel frame wouldn’t hold up taking it where’s its supposed to go.

Ozarker

Steel frame wouldn’t hold up taking it where’s its supposed to go.
Puzzled :unsure:

"wouldn't hold up"?
I'm pretty sure steel is stronger than aluminum, I mean, I've never seen an M-1 Abrahams Tank built out of aluminum. You may have an issue with the tow vehicle but not a steel trailer/camper.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat

Why not just stay home? Or go to Disneyland?

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Puzzled :unsure:

"wouldn't hold up"?
I'm pretty sure steel is stronger than aluminum, I mean, I've never seen an M-1 Abrahams Tank built out of aluminum. You may have an issue with the tow vehicle but not a steel trailer/camper.
Actually aluminum is stronger than steel pound for pound- but I digress..lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad