Sounds like Stellantis is on the right path.

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man
Yeah, the Washington Examiner is a 100% biased source . . .
You’re looping in a bubble brother. Did you turn off auto play on YouTube?

Back to California energy ambitions… should you not treat cancer if you can’t 100% cure it?
All news media is a '100% biased source'.
If you are not seriously considering news from alternate biases you are being indoctrinated not educated; your 'looping in a bubble'.

If one does not '100% cure' cancer you still have cancer. All you have done is delay the inevitable.

Last edited:

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Yeah, the Washington Examiner is a 100% biased source. I grew up near DC and it used to be a free weekly paper, not sure if it still is. It even says “commentary” in the by line!

You’re looping in a bubble brother. Did you turn off auto play on YouTube?

Back to California energy ambitions… should you not treat cancer if you can’t 100% cure it?
Nothing wrong with someone pointing out the treatment isn’t working.

Nothing wrong with someone pointing out the treatment isn’t working.
Oh but the treatment is working.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
This could be an ideal one vehicle solution for me if it's not $128,000... 141 miles of EV range is plenty. Then you have the 27 gallon gas tank for road trips and trailer towing range.

Either that or I'll retire my current truck from DD duties and just use it to tow our RV and house work stuff.
Probably pick up something small for DD duties. Easier to park etc that a crew cab 6.5 box...

You know, something responsible like a 2 door Wrangler or Bronco. Good for winter roads, take the top of in the summer.... lol

skrypj

This could be an ideal one vehicle solution for me if it's not $128,000... 141 miles of EV range is plenty. Then you have the 27 gallon gas tank for road trips and trailer towing range.

Either that or I'll retire my current truck from DD duties and just use it to tow our RV and house work stuff.
Probably pick up something small for DD duties. Easier to park etc that a crew cab 6.5 box...

You know, something responsible like a 2 door Wrangler or Bronco. Good for winter roads, take the top of in the summer.... lol

Ill tell you what, my wife and I have been super happy with our Bolt. Not saying thats what you should get but just a general statement that having a small runabout for daily driving is very nice. Its so easy to park and so maneuverable. Even if it never financially worked out, which was why we bought it in the first place, I dont think we would be upset. My F150 and Lexus GX just sit for days or weeks now.

As you know, I have the F150 supercrew 6.5' bed too, and its just a tank. Its great for camping trips but not great for much else.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Oh but the treatment is working.

Really- California has changed the climate- are they making it cooler or hotter?

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Ill tell you what, my wife and I have been super happy with our Bolt. Not saying thats what you should get but just a general statement that having a small runabout for daily driving is very nice. Its so easy to park and so maneuverable. Even if it never financially worked out, which was why we bought it in the first place, I dont think we would be upset. My F150 and Lexus GX just sit for days or weeks now.

As you know, I have the F150 supercrew 6.5' bed too, and its just a tank. Its great for camping trips but not great for much else.
Agreed. Perfect for camping duties.

The bolts are pretty neat. I worked for a GM dealer way back when the 1st Volts came out and I was pretty impressed with them. I imagine the newer EV's are better. Not really thinking small car for me. Small like 2 door Wrangler or Bronco. Maybe by then (thinking 5 years down the road is when I'll be in the market next ) there will be PHEV versions of each. (Wrangler PHEV is currently 4 door only)

Kids are 16 and 23 now and seldom the 4 of us go anywhere together so 2 door versions would be fine and easier to maneuver. Kids prefer to meet us there and our eldest daughter just takes her own car. (Wifes old 2011 Tucson which has been the most reliable of the near 50 vehicles I've owned)

But will it camp? A little game we like to play when we find ourselves in a different vehicle. .

Our model 3 is surprisingly comfy to sleep in. Our feet end up in the trunk, lotsa giggles the first time getting in there but man that climate control is nice all night.

Laid our backpacking sleeping pads down and the dog sleeps on the front passenger seat. The view is nice through the roof too. We’ve done Big Sur and a few rest stops between Sacramento and Tucson.

I’ve driven a Bolt but never had the backseat down. Is there room?

skrypj

But will it camp? A little game we like to play when we find ourselves in a different vehicle. .

Our model 3 is surprisingly comfy to sleep in. Our feet end up in the trunk, lotsa giggles the first time getting in there but man that climate control is nice all night.

Laid our backpacking sleeping pads down and the dog sleeps on the front passenger seat. The view is nice through the roof too. We’ve done Big Sur and a few rest stops between Sacramento and Tucson.

I’ve driven a Bolt but never had the backseat down. Is there room?

Probably not to camp in. With the back seats down I dont know that there would be much more than 5' from the door to the back of the front seats.

ThundahBeagle

What happened at three mile island? Do you even know?
How many people died? Zero
How was the environment affected? Not at all.
What were any long term effects to the population? None can ever be correlated to the incident. Very minor release of contamination.
Unit 1 continued operating for 40 years and that one plant which is only 800 megawatt generated as much kw-hrs as every solar thermal and electric production unit in the entire USA during that period.

Yeah Jupiter, I know. Very easy for the govt and NRC to say nothing significant was emitted if they did not use the proper detection gear or check downwind. Pictures of the radiation burns on the girl who had been outside riding her bike, for example, are kind of terrible.

The amount of dead fish that washed ashore was ugly.

The "can you prove this cancer is from X cause" is played out over and over.

The fact they either did not know, or were lying about the extent of the meltdown that day is inexcusable. What they found when they opened the lid showed they were minutes from disaster when it was finally shut down properly...

Same sort of hydrogen bubble that blew Chernobyl a few years later, and they knew it day 1 but hid it. What's the population of Pripyat these 37 years later?

The fact that they did not want to follow safe procedures with the crane even a few years later is mind boggling

The fact it was shown they'd been falsifying radiation emissions reports since day 1 is unsettling

All this from a private energy company, and the government oversight group known as the NRC.

"Trust us, we're not like the others."

Jupiter58

Nothing like Chernobyl. That was a totally different design that had been outlawed in every country except the Soviet Union. No real containment structure, poor (from a safety standpoint) basic design and even poorer operating procedures. That was a steam bubble explosion that caused most of the release, not a hydrogen bubble.

I am sure you can find individual reports that claim effects from TMI but every county state and federal reports from dozens of agencies, including private watchdogs all have similar conclusions over the last 40 years they have been examining it.
Yes, it is unlikely there have been zero effects from the release but to try to quantify the impact of the very low levels of the release from the impacts of the every day modern environment is difficult to do.
There appears to have been status reporting issues and perhaps some of them were on purpose by misguided representatives but a lot of it was the old computer systems just being overwhelmed by data and operators and regulators not prepared to interpret it quickly and properly.
It certainly changed the nuclear industry for the better when it came to operations and safety. Anyone intentionally misrepresenting anything to do with reactor safety or performing any malicious actions in that regard would be serving hard federal jail time in today’s world. And there is a system in place since that allows the NRC to constantly monitor all crucial reactor system parameters from DC for every plant with penalties and processes in the event that link is ever broken for a period of time.

I am a proponent of solar and wind power also, anything to get inexpensive power to the grid because cheap and stable electricity is the backbone of any industrial or growing nation’s economy. But solar and wind will never be an ultimate solution. Baseload plants of some sort that supply cheap reliable electricity 24 hours a day at peak output rather than 6-8 hours a day will be required for the foreseeable future.

I could not find anything on the fish kill you referred to. Do you have a link? Some local news that had the info? It seems vaguely familiar but there seems to have been a major fish kill on river ‘three mile waters’ in Ireland since then that is overwhelming all the search space.

I could find nothing on radiation burns on a little girl either. It seems unlikely based on even the worse case level of radiation release proselytized by proponents of the plant. I am not saying it is not possible but highly unlikely as no plant workers in the immediate vicinity received any. It would likely have to have been from some heavy metal particles sensationally radioactive. Something that causes an acute issue like that would also result in a long term issue for the girl.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78