SS Cook Stove-runs on Diesel/JP-8/Kerosen

docroh

Observer
OK. I am thinking about picking up a lot of these stoves if there is interest. This is really for the hardcore expedition guys or guides. These are military cook stoves and will run on multi-fuels. Cost $2200/each new. I have inspected these and they looks as though they have never been fired up.

Here are some specs:

Push button operation. Lights in place with electronic ignition. Fuels in place. Operational in environments from negative 25 to 120 degrees F. Provides food service personnel the ability to safely operate field kitchens on battlefield fuels (JP-8).
Stove width: 19.000 inches nominal.
Stove depth: 23.000 inches nominal.
Stove height: 9.750 inches nominal.
Stove style: 2 home style. Rectangular shape.
Integral fuel tank capacity: 2.000 gallons.
Heat delivery rate in BTU per hour: 52000.0.

Actual cost will depend on acquisition fees but if there is interest let me know. Guessing around $400 + shipping Regardless they will be no where close to the new price.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 29722668.jpg
    29722668.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
This is really for the hardcore expedition guys or guides. Cost $2200/each new.

I, unfortunately, I am not hardcore enough. But these look pretty awesome. I like the ability to run on any fuel.

Good luck with the sale!
-Sam

docroh

Observer
Certainly not to be exclusive but I get by with my coleman and wisperlight. These would be pretty sweet for hunting camps, long trips for multiple people. Doubt I would even keep one unless I convinced myself I would need it for an impending disaster or social colapse:sombrero:

Plus--if you ever have a bunch of JP-8 laying around it'll run on that:)

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Have you used one personally for cooking? There was a recent thread here on ExPo regarding the M2A mil stoves and user reveiws were not too favorable? Your experience? Any idea on weight? Stoves, surgical sterilizers, event tent heaters? Supposedly they have some origin to Coleman too.

Last edited:

docroh

Observer
Have you used one personally for cooking? There was a recent thread here on ExPo regarding the M2A mil stoves and user reveiws were not too favorable? Your experience? Any idea on weight?

Not personally-I had a much different job when I was in the military. These are stated to be the direct replacement for the M2. I am not sure if that makes this the M2A. Likely they are designed to boil fast as army grunts are not taught to cook crepes and omlets :chef: If you spend enough time eating MREs then anything that comes off these will taste like fine dinning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven