SSF556 Build Up - 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
I really like those badges on the silver, looks great. also love the switches, very clean. Interested to hear and see more about his rack!!

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
I really like those badges on the silver, looks great. also love the switches, very clean. Interested to hear and see more about his rack!!

Yea me too...we are waiting for pictures and confirmation from the Frontrunner HQs in South Africa.....

bbbflash

Observer

I haven't seen anyone lately rip out the floor in a lot of builds like you have! Well done on that effort. I have a question for you since you are one of the few people who would be able to answer this. I hate the carpet in my WG! It catches dog hair, mud, sand, water, fishing goo, etc. what are your thoughts about replacing the carpet with a paint on truck bed liner like rhino liner? I saw it once on extreme4x4 but on a wrangler. They did it inside and out. What are your thoughts? Love what you have done!

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Yea painting the floor and getting rid of the carpet can be done....in my case I wanted to be able to put the CRD back to stock as quickly as possible....one of the downsides is that without carpet or insulation noise will be an issue for long distance travel.

My goal was to make a capable off roader while have something with low interior noise at 75 mph for long distance highway travel.

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bnoland

Observer
I took an idea from you and removed the flooring in the back. Not sure how I am going to finish it out. I am thinking just a flat board to make the floor level, carpet and some attachment points for securing cargo.

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
I took an idea from you and removed the flooring in the back. Not sure how I am going to finish it out. I am thinking just a flat board to make the floor level, carpet and some attachment points for securing cargo.

Good luck..let me know if you need any help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Thanks...actually was going to post an update....

Installed updated JBA control arms up front...the updated arms eliminate slight contact with the coil-over in a full extended situation. Also finally got the lifetime alignment from Firestone...considering most of their shops are open 7 days a week it was a good deal...and actually I got the discounted price of $159.

Will be headed to the MI UP at the end of the month to do some camping and trail exploring.

jeepgc

Adventurer
Excellent build scootr, your Jeep looks fantastic.

BTW I just added a window hammer to my interior equipment list, I missed that one - thank you!

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Trip yesterday from SC to MI....I tracked 2 segments of the trip...both segments were 301 miles GPS confirmed....I was fully loaded with camping gear plus a car top carrier. Probably averaged about 70 mph..no traffic jams, weather etc. used cc and did not go over 2500 rpms.

1st segment: SC to Richmond, KY 301 miles divided by 12.5 gal = 24 mpg

2nd segment: Richmond, KY to Rossford, OH 301 miles divided by 12.7 gal = 23.7 mpg

450 mile range running 70 mph, fully loaded, lifted, 32 inch tires makes me Happy Happy Happy

image-227195943.jpg

Septu

Explorer
I don't blame you for being happy. Towed my trailer home (through the mountains) and didn't have enough gas in the stock JK tank to go 520km. Averaged around 15-16 MPG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater