Starlink Mini Portable Dish With Integrated Wi-Fi Router

chuppie

Observer
Lots of good info here. I have one suggestion to add, if you are using an after market cable without water resistant connectors, place the entire thing in a large ziplock bag. It keeps it dry and keeps pollen and sap off it as well.
The bag has no effect on performance. I have a 50,000 mAH portable battery that lasts about 8 hours of modest use. I have a 300 watt solar setup and a 200ah battery in/on my vehicle plus a 40 amp DC to DC charger. It is overkill.

Attachments

• IMG_20240825_125805891.jpg
    IMG_20240825_125805891.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

chuppie

Observer
You can use 1.5" PVC as a mast. It fits into the adapter just fine. You can take a 2" PVC section and put a 1/4" slit in it. Add a radiator clamp and you have a way to attach and remove the mast. Attach the 2" piece to roof rack or wherever. This isn't for when you are driving.

Attachments

• IMG_20240825_145809895.jpg
    IMG_20240825_145809895.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20240825_145839526.jpg
    IMG_20240825_145839526.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20240825_145855737.jpg
    IMG_20240825_145855737.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 12

smbisig

Adventurer
FYI, the official Starlink USB-C cable (5M) is now on the Starlink store. I ordered one last night.

crazysccrmd

Observer
FYI, the official Starlink USB-C cable (5M) is now on the Starlink store. I ordered one last night.

I’m interested if it will truly require a 100 watt power source due to voltage loss in the length. I’d like a longer cable and water tight connection but still want to be able to use my 65 watt output power bank.

smbisig

Adventurer
I’m interested if it will truly require a 100 watt power source due to voltage loss in the length. I’d like a longer cable and water tight connection but still want to be able to use my 65 watt output power bank.

On my Alu-Cab thread on another forum, one solution someone used to extend the length (voltage) was a Step Up booster. This is the one he used https://amzn.to/3zhRdnE

Very clean setup if you want to take a look - https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/alu-cab-canopy-camper-roll-call.52174/post-1372306

rruff

Explorer
One thing I'm confused about is... can I get the $120/mo plan with the mini if I don't care about in-motion use?

On my Alu-Cab thread on another forum, one solution someone used to extend the length (voltage) was a Step Up booster.
If this is merely a power cable, just add the appropriate ends to a long set of wires (12ga 100 ft is <6% loss @ 30W nominal draw) and plug into both devices.

Ninelitetrip

Starlink Mini Mount with Suction Cups

custom-3d-printed-starlink-mini-bracket-with-suction-cups

12V 24 V DC 5.5mm x 2.1mm Car Cigarette Lighter Extension Power Supply Adapter Cable with LED for Car Truck Bus Van(10FT)

vienon 5ft USB C to DC 5.5mm x 2.1mm Power Charging Cord for Laptop (5521), 20V USB Type C Male Input to DC 5.5 x 2.1mm Male Power Charging Cable up to 100W

Last edited:

Campndad

Essayons!!
I’m curious about the shipping time and where it has shipped from. Anyone order a mini in the last month that can shed some light on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smbisig

Adventurer
I’m curious about the shipping time and where it has shipped from. Anyone order a mini in the last month that can shed some light on that?

I ordered mine on Aug 26th and received it via FedEx on September 3rd. Shipped from Stockton, CA to Tacoma, WA.

I also ordered the USB-C cable on September 4th and it still hasn't shipped out.

crazysccrmd

Observer

Mine shipped from Hawthorne CA and took four days to arrive in Alaska.

The USB cable ordered 5 Sep hasn’t shipped still and shows an estimated delivery of 23-27 Sep.

Cabrito

I come in Peace

Same as others - Ordered 9/3 and it shipped 9/6 after telling me it wouldn't ship until 9/23.

USB cable ordered 9/5 and it shipped 9/19.

I used 43GB of my 50GB in three days letting everyone use it when I was camping last weekend. At one point I had seven devices connected and we watched a bunch of Y-Tube and one person watched a few movies on their ipad. It worked great and had a pretty big range.

My Jackery 1000 powered it for several hours one day and overnight and took it down to 63% and then I plugged it into my van ac power and it did fine. It basically doubled my draw which consists of my Maxxair fan, fridge, and lights at night. My solar setup in the van was able to keep up for the most part. We had ideal conditions with clear skies in an open unobstructed setting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kabobkabobkabob