Stolen Adventure Trailer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
A summary of this thread, attached to all future rental agreements, should be the only action needed in future rentals. :)

Hope all ends well, for M&M, and for the Deckling family (Mrs. and kids), as well.

Steve Curren

Explorer
After all this problem with a person who has decided to extend the use of the rental and the fact that the VIN# is on a stick on paper I have decided that I want to have mine stamped. I have a friend with the Highway Patrol in Ca. and I am sure that he can tell me good places to put it and maybe I can even talk him into doing it for me.
This event has really been a downer for me, I spent 30 years dealing with people like this and I was of the mind that I had to watch and be wary of most people. Since I retired and moved to AZ. I have learned that most people, at least where I live, are really not too bad and there are indeed more good than bad in this world. I know that all should not be judged as he is but it really has me upset that he has taken advantage of some of the nicest people I have dealt with in many,many years.
WOW, what rant, excuse me..

bmonday

Adventurer
kcowyo said:
Maybe you could install a SPOT somewhere in the trailer, unbeknownst to the renters. You know like a little digital tracer...

Unfortunately the SPOT's tracking capability must be manually re-activated every 24 hours.

Otherwise, a stellar idea, though. There are other options, but SPOT isn't one of them.

BMonday

ckkone

Explorer
How about locking this thread until Martyn can give real updates...It's annoying to check it everyday only to find the trailer still hasn't been returned...Just my $.02

James86004

Expedition Leader
bmonday said:
Unfortunately the SPOT's tracking capability must be manually re-activated every 24 hours.

Otherwise, a stellar idea, though. There are other options, but SPOT isn't one of them.

BMonday

There are plenty of tracking devices available out there. A lot of fleets use them. One of the guys in the AZLRO owns a company in this business.

I don't know how well they would work on a trailer that may or may not have battery power.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
ckkone said:
How about locking this thread until Martyn can give real updates...It's annoying to check it everyday only to find the trailer still hasn't been returned...Just my $.02

I vote against locking it

Just use the "Search This Thread" button for the posts you want to read and we'll refund your $.02

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
ckkone said:

I agree 100%, we all know its on just about every forum in the world! :)

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Martyn said:
I have his number, what I need is the ability to triangulate exactly where he is when he answers.

It can be done, quite easy actully.....with a court order :(

The System has the ability to triangulate and then the 911 locator system that runs seperate can locate it within 50 feet.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
LandCruiserPhil said:
At what point do you just throw the towel in and write it off? Can I assume the trailer rental is a business therefore some risks are involved. Surely the trailer is insured?

Phil

Our trailers are hand crafted, and a little bit of us goes into every trailer. It's really a throwback to a bygone era where craftsmen built their product with pride, and the owners of their products used them knowing the craft that went into making them.

When a trailer is stolen, or presumed stolen, that person takes a piece of us with the trailer, so it transcends throwing the towel in, or writing it off.

I want the trailer back. I want to find out why a person feels that they shouldn't have to wait 6 -8 weeks to take delivery of a new trailer, like everyone else has to, but thinks it's OK to rent a trailer and not return it.

I might feel different if it was a Jayco or a Fleetwood, but it's not. As the sticker on the side of an AT says, this trailer was "Built with pride in the USA", and more than that it was built with pride by Scotty, and Matt, and Simon.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Boston Mangler said:
I agree 100%, we all know its on just about every forum in the world! :)

But here we have the information source and I don't go to every other forum when this is the place. Just use "Search This Thread" button for Martyn's latest posts.

tamangel

Adventurer
Contact Park Rangers..

If anyone has any contacts/friends that are Park/Forest Rangers, you might see if their organization has a on-line (non-official) forum to post this info. If these folks are camping still, might snag them that way.

suggestions would be:

USFS
NPS
BLM
Army COE

other county and state agencies, also in border states..

Mike

James86004

Expedition Leader
We have had a long-standing camping trip planned for the area around Alpine coming up next weekend. I will keep an eye out. We are going to be exploring a lot of back roads, looking for rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater