STUCK pictures

01tundra

Explorer
This is actually result of not paying attention while backing up.......which makes it even that much worse. I still catch flak about this one....rightly so I must admit :eek: . Those are 40" tires for reference. It took two winches and third truck with a strap to get me out of this little mess.

All my friends standing around snickering at me didn't make it any better.......

10_zpsd3fc5bf8.jpg

15_zpsdb506a7f.jpg

teje

My husband and I went for a drive up Beartooth highway December 3rd 2012. We got stuck and walked 9 miles out the next morning till someone picked us up. I got my truck back on May 12th 2013 with the help of a friend with a Tacoma and my husband's f250. I had snow mobile riders giving me updates on the truck since we weren't able to get back to it for so long. Here are a couple of the pictures I have.

ge7y8epa.jpg

e8ujujub.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
Yikes, stuck for over 4 months that has to be a record.

@Tundra, that's a doosey,

"I still catch flak about this one"

I'll bet :)

deerkiller

Decently deep ruts in the only spot I didn't check before hand. Guy stopped in his new Chevy 1500 4x4 and it didn't budge. He ended up calling his buddy with a F250 Powerstroke. That did the job and he told me to give it another try. 2nd attempt, I made it about 3/4 the way through.

unkamonkey

Explorer
Sometimes I feel bad about this one, unfortunatly no pics I can find.
We were at Glendo Res. in WY several years ago. I had my Yamaha XT 550 on the back of my camper. I decided to take it for a ride on the sandy beach. I noticed a creek comming up during the ride so I turned towards higher ground, I knew that there would be softer sand in the area. Yes there was, so full throttle to try to stay on top. A friend of mine borrowed the bike and paralled my track.
About an hour later a Suburban full of family tried to follow our tracks. they spent an hour and a half there sunk in to the frame. The tow truck driver parked about 150 Yds away, got his ground plates planted, strung out all of his line then made several trips out with chains, etc..
I think he has done a recovery there before.

So far, nobody has had to winch me out. I have self recovered, used another vehicle for an anchor and been dangling on another persons winch so we can recover another vehicle that was too far down a hillside.
Pto's are good winches.
Knock on wood.
I did get towed several times in my first Jeep, I have to admit.

Last edited:

fo' runnin'

Overland Textile Co.
Pretty weak, but back when I was 100% stock... got a little high centered in some deep ruts and the open diffs did me noooo good. lol

Aaron Schubert

This is what happens when you take the wrong path on a salt lake:

Bogged in a salt lake.jpgIsraelite Bay Salt lake.jpgStuck in the salt lake.jpg

200km from the nearest help. 4 snatch straps joined together with Maxtrax and twin lockers and it finally came out

Aaron

olly hondro

mad scientist
There are enough pix here to convince me that even with twelve wheel drive ya can get stuck in the mud.....
Notice that some mud holes are not much bigger than the vehicle it has entrapped ?

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
There are enough pix here to convince me that even with twelve wheel drive ya can get stuck in the mud.....
Notice that some mud holes are not much bigger than the vehicle it has entrapped ?

I've been stuck with a very capable driver in an OKA which is a very capable vehicle in a ditch about 3 feet wide. We were there for hours. It doesn't take much that's for sure.

gorillamel

Dirty Blonde
Hmm, I'm sure I can find some pics of my various rigs being stuck at one time or another.

Moab, UT: high centered on some rocks that decided to shift and get lodged under my rear diff (and I had no lockers in the X):
481246_619187561433_1107147070_n.jpg

Took lifting each tire with a hi-lift and stacking rocks under them. By the time we finished, there was quite a line of rigs waiting to get by. Ooops. :-/
578131_619187486583_1423207342_n.jpg

Recurring theme- open diffs make for interesting experiences on obstacles.

Axles are crossed up on Silver Crack @Moab, no traction or momentum with 2 tires in the air:
542292_618739140073_1433219250_n.jpg

36590_619690109323_1143737657_n.jpg

Bunch of guys had to climb on the rear to drop my rear tire and get some traction:
560222_618739160033_1815120826_n.jpg

Mud is evil. So is wet loam/clay or anything of such nature.
REZ_7904.jpg

Sold the X. Got a Rubi. Thank goodness for winches. Was driving home from a friend's house in the mountains. My typical route home was closed for an event and the next one was snowed in still (it is May). Continued heading for the next route and got bogged down in an embankment of snow. Had to winch myself out and turn around and go all the way back. Gotta love being by yourself, at dusk with intermittent cell service. *sigh*
10150701_729806829533_9025249560361737925_n.jpg

(I already started winching myself out. Snow was all the way on top of my front tire/bumper.)

Probably the most stressful save. Friend's X hit soft dirt that started to crumble under him leading to a cliff side. He could not go forward or back. I had to drive up on a ridge line (stack rocks to drive over a pipeline to get there) and hook winch up to hold friend up while a second winch pulled him from behind. 4h later we got him free.
10391031_737883498823_2785363717703996443_n.jpg

10500434_10152289523021045_6913356539942441542_n.jpg

10612982_755938356743_4772451851342176806_n.jpg

There are more, but those are the ones I found most easily.

TripLeader

Explorer
I typically avoid mud.

I only went through this "little ditch" because going around was about a half-mile drive and the crew I was with was all on the other side. It did not look so bad before I tried to cross it.
DSCF9840.jpg

rabies

time is running out.....
no pic unfortunately. flash drive stolen by exwife.
in iraq. kirkuk, the NOC northern oil feild.
on patrol. in the noc 3 trucks split up.
our m1114 went off a paved road, into mud. turned out to be very very soft soupy sandy mud
stuck all 4 wheels. called other truck less than a clik away.
they pull up and get stuck............

very very bad situation but we were at least in the NOC area.
third truck almost got stuck. but we didnt push to hard on that.
3rd truck went to get haji tow truck by the fire house.
huge semi tractor with winch pulled out both trucks.
gave him $100. he drove off happy. and no1 knew about it........... :D

rayra

Expedition Leader

yep and they apparently have the gravitational attraction of a black hole, cause people gotta try and drive thru them instead of around. heh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online