Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

Hondaslayer

Adventurer
Very nice!

And those pics from Deals Gap take me back to the first SF.org meet there. I ended up staying with Richard (SuperRu) and heading over with my 04 XT for the day! Was a great time.

E.J.

Explorer
The meet was excellent this year, at least 20 Foresters and a handful for STi's this year.

Superu_legacy

Subaru-Coffee-Chocolate
Yes I do G, FB5! ;)
I remember shooting that pic and the rock that dislodged under the axle too, ooh and the high-lift considerations that followed!
It looks like that rigs is living on in the community too!
Your foz is coming along nicely I must say as well! :coffee:

coppertop_01

Crazy Ginger
Finally got my tires installed on my lifted '11 wrx......I think it's a good start. Tires are 215/65R16 general grabbers on stock WRX rim, not sure what year the rims are from, suspension is ksport coilovers.

Might look at lifting it a bit more when I can do a fozzy body lift, also need to reduce the spring rate of the ksport rally coilovers, in time though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

blt2drg

Hi guys, 2010 Forester owner here. So far all I've done is tires and the roof rack, but my short list of plans include a Primitive skidplate, 1" lift, and Torklift hitch.

WMDunkin

Adventurer
Finally got my tires installed on my lifted '11 wrx......I think it's a good start. Tires are 215/65R16 general grabbers on stock WRX rim, not sure what year the rims are from, suspension is ksport coilovers.

Might look at lifting it a bit more when I can do a fozzy body lift, also need to reduce the spring rate of the ksport rally coilovers, in time though.

how much clearance do you have now? I have the same tire size with the subtle solutions lift kit. I was wondering if the coilovers can/do give you more lift.

coppertop_01

Crazy Ginger
It's lifted an inch with the coils but could go up more, much more in the front, the rear would need a spacer soon.

As for up travel, I've got about 3 or 4 inches before the wheel rubs the plastic liner, but I've learned from jeeping friends that lifting a vehicle has more to do with down travel than up travel, right now the coilovers have a lot of up travel on the shocks giving it higher lift, but I'm going to be doing a small mod of lightening the stiff *** coils so that the car sits more compressed during regular driving and when the trail gets bad there's a lot of down travel to keep all fours on the ground, fortunate my the coilover knuckles are bottom adjustable and I can raise the suspension while keeping the coils compressed.

Jer

J

JWP58

a3umy9ar.jpg

Spied this lifted XV Crosstrek customized by Primitive Racing at Oregon Trail Rally last week. Will be doing a write-up on it in the near future.

Now that is bad-A

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater