Suzuki Owners; Let's see your ExPo Trucks

Gustovski

first post from a zook lover in australia

-----G'day-----
this is my first post here
i love zooks and am looking at getting one as my first car
would like to use it as a daily driver as well as a weekend offroading/camping rig
i have a swag-a cross between a sleeping bag and a tent that will be my bed
i hope trick it out as a full on ofroader
i am über jealous of your rigs and think this will be a great site to find ideas for such a car
until i get one i will surely be watching this space for more awesome zooks

-----gus-----

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
Gus Welcome to The Portal.
You'll love your Samurai when you get one.
Being in Oz I would look for a LWB HighTop Tinny. A Great start for a camping rig!!

Brian & "Stanley" my Samurai

axyto

Escudo getting a little dirt
18104537633499598749148.jpg

52676153763175959892311.jpg

and a JA71 of a friend

brothers

Last edited:

ShinySideUp

Here is my brand new Equator RMZ4.. It hasn't gotten any modifications........ Yet.

SandyEquator.jpg

It bought as a replacement for this:

0417091954.jpg

Hey I wanna show off my Tin Top!!!

Heres the Samurai prior to the spring over

2011-11-13_09-33-52_525.jpg

And after the spring over.............:wings:

2012-01-08_11-14-46_499-1.jpg

A shot with my ARB Safari Tent mounted up top ( was just in the back yard airing the tent out )

2012-02-02_09-33-19_966.jpg

And just a couple more pics.....apparently I need more actions pics Im finding.....it gets used I promised haha!:smiley_drive:

2012-01-08_11-16-35_472.jpg

2012-01-08_11-16-24_73.jpg

2012-01-08_11-16-12_428.jpg

Willy G

Adventurer
How well does that amazing tintop go around a corner with the RTT, I have considered that but I'm scared that It might roll over,

It did ok. I didnt drive it too far with it on there, I for some reason couldnt get one of the roof rail mounts to stop rattling so I took it off. But it drove down the road just fine and even with it being sprung over and the tent on top, I didnt really notice it being really top heavy.

Hoped that helped a little

Riptide

Explorer
What a great looking truck! I really gotta get on my tin-top restoration. I have a mint condition body, same color as your Zuk, waiting to be dropped on a soft-top frame, after I get the VW diesel in. Someday...

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
I was worried about the weight of the RTT on my SX4 as well, especially with it being lifted. With the addition of spacers with an already more aggressive offset tire than stock, that helped stability a huge amount. You can definitely tell the tent is up there on the highway and on on/off-ramps. But for slow driving and on trails, I was surprised that it doesn't make the car feel tippy at all.

Gustovski

Gus Welcome to The Portal.
You'll love your Samurai when you get one.
Being in Oz I would look for a LWB HighTop Tinny. A Great start for a camping rig!!

Brian & "Stanley" my Samurai
thanks for the welcome cant wait till i get one i'd prefer the Ute with a removable fiberglass roof and folding windshield so i get that "open air experience and if i go hunting in it i get 360 degrees of shooting yet retain the security of hard top i will add a lockable box into the bottom of the bed hidden from view between the chassis rails if possible and would also add lift first aid kit (a camping/4x4 one from red cross Australia) fire extinguisher (heard too many horror stories of car burning to the ground from a fire that could have been stopped with an extinguisher) (those too should be mandatory in all vehicles IMO) dual battery and on board air compressor brush guard and winch (tow bar receiver mount type so can have front and rear winch) and maybe a jeep trailer for those longer trips.

gus

compactcamping

Explorer
NW, nice looking tintop. Like a few others have commented, when I have my Sidekick tent topped, you feel it and need to take it easier in the turns, but no big deal.

Here is my Sidekick from a beautiful day in the mountains earlier this week waterfall hunting.
066-sm.jpg

shep

My LWB Sierra. The photos are from a trip through Arnhem land in northern Australia. I am in the process of rebuilding it for a round oz trip in 2014

P7280463.jpg

P7280469.jpg

P7290472.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater