Suzuki Owners; Let's see your ExPo Trucks

Nice looking Sidekick--should be a good rig. Looks like it's already got bigger tires on it, eh?

- Andy

Indeed, it's wearing 235's. Basic firestone all terrains.
I was curious, does anyone elses rigs feel "squirmy" on the road with larger tires? Mine drives nice and straight on a nice road but it wants to follow all the imperfections on the not so nice roads that are cracked or poorly patched. I was wondering if maybe the taller sidewalls give the tires more play and make them less resistant to the imperfections on the road surface.

Fixed the timing, and exhaust leak (NO MORE LAWNMOWER SOUNDS!) Ran the codes, and it gave me a cylinder 1 missfire and a few exhaust problems. When back to get the codes scanned again and it had no codes??? hmmm, I had them clear it and I'll keep an eye out for it.

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
Fixed the timing, and exhaust leak (NO MORE LAWNMOWER SOUNDS!) Ran the codes, and it gave me a cylinder 1 missfire and a few exhaust problems. When back to get the codes scanned again and it had no codes??? hmmm, I had them clear it and I'll keep an eye out for it.
Some minor codes like misfires will clear themselves after a few miles if the problem doesn't repeat itself. Serious codes will never erase though.

And yes larger tires will naturally wanted to follow cracks in the road and whatnot. If they're soft tires with large sidewalls than they're going to feel 'squirmy' as you described it. Up the tire pressure and it should help it. Also if you still have the stock springs and shocks, they're made for stock height tires and not big and heavy tires. If it feels squirmy you probably need properly valved shocks and some stiffer springs and upgrade your bushings.

But to be perfectly honest, sidekicks and trackers aren't the most 'stable' feeling car in the first place.

Some minor codes like misfires will clear themselves after a few miles if the problem doesn't repeat itself. Serious codes will never erase though.

And yes larger tires will naturally wanted to follow cracks in the road and whatnot. If they're soft tires with large sidewalls than they're going to feel 'squirmy' as you described it. Up the tire pressure and it should help it. Also if you still have the stock springs and shocks, they're made for stock height tires and not big and heavy tires. If it feels squirmy you probably need properly valved shocks and some stiffer springs and upgrade your bushings.

But to be perfectly honest, sidekicks and trackers aren't the most 'stable' feeling car in the first place.

Thanks for the reply, someone put some coiled shocks in the back and they are pretty old, pretty sure they are completely toast actually, but it is rock hard back there going to replace them for some regular shocks with my next paycheck.

And you should have seen me driving it home on the freeway, it was pouring rain and the wind was blowing pretty darn hard. I was steering so hard into the wind to keep in my lane I was afraid that if the wind stopped I would launch into the next lane :/ haha

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
Indeed, it's wearing 235's. Basic firestone all terrains.
I was curious, does anyone elses rigs feel "squirmy" on the road with larger tires? Mine drives nice and straight on a nice road but it wants to follow all the imperfections on the not so nice roads that are cracked or poorly patched. I was wondering if maybe the taller sidewalls give the tires more play and make them less resistant to the imperfections on the road surface.

Yes, mine does, or well did. Two things that helped mine greatly. 1) Getting an alignment 2) Replacing my old, cracked BFGoodrich All-Terrains with new tires (I went with a Kumho Road Venture MT tire, which I love). Especially here on the rutted Oregon highways, it used to be almost scary to drive down I-84 in Portland.

- Andy

Yes, mine does, or well did. Two things that helped mine greatly. 1) Getting an alignment 2) Replacing my old, cracked BFGoodrich All-Terrains with new tires (I went with a Kumho Road Venture MT tire, which I love). Especially here on the rutted Oregon highways, it used to be almost scary to drive down I-84 in Portland.

- Andy

haha, I hate driving on 84 anyway. That is until you hit the gorge, gotta love the gorge.

More pics Dakar 2012 - Fiambalá Catamarca Argentina!!

IMG_3087.JPG

What kind of brush guard is that? It's not a factory option is it?

Rvl

Mine has a 3 " lift and an outer roll cage
Put some 195x16 Yokohama MT on
Have a Maggiollina Grand Tour Roof tent on order
And the front and rear pipe bumpers are being built
A hitch member on the back and a winch on the front and probably a rear hitch winch(in the future)
photo.JPG

captwoody

Adventurer
new guy

have had my tracker 3 months now added surf rack,trailer hitch,cb,Manual locking hubs,2.5" coil spacer lift with shocks, and 235/75/15 AT.s,folding shovel,tow strap,air compressor and a tool kit
dscf0425.jpg

2013-04-21_11-04-41_429.jpg

Last edited:

Willy G

Adventurer
How did you get my tracker, You need to return it, lol :smiley_drive: I wannnnnnt, Any build up on that^

Spring Zuwharrie this year at Uwharrie National Park,
get-attachment.jpgIMG_20130420_114713.jpg
And my buddy Jesse
IMG_20130419_102655.jpg

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor

Just put on a new roof rack. It's a BajaRack Mule basket, Calmini roof rails, Thule 450 Crossroads feet, and Inno 58" crossbars. Also threw a wet of WARN Premium hubs on.

- Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman