Tentrax!

outsidecurtisp

Observer
I talked to a couple Line-X dealers before I did mine. I found that they were all about the same price. I paid $450 and the guy did the whole tub. I basically delivered him the tub off the frame. I am really glad I did it that way. Let me warn you though; the tub is heavy. Especially when trying to lift it over 35"s. If you need to I can either meet you so you see, it or give you the guys contact info.

ih8philly

Adventurer
I talked to a couple Line-X dealers before I did mine. I found that they were all about the same price. I paid $450 and the guy did the whole tub. I basically delivered him the tub off the frame. I am really glad I did it that way. Let me warn you though; the tub is heavy. Especially when trying to lift it over 35"s. If you need to I can either meet you so you see, it or give you the guys contact info.
I'd like to know who did yours since you are not to far from me.

outsidecurtisp

Observer
Line-X of Santa Clarita. the guys name is Aiden. 661-252-5469. Good guy
There is also a shop off Lankershim in North Hollywood. 818 503-4700
Hope this helps you. And, if you want to check mine out let me know.

ih8philly

Adventurer
So I bought a lightly used Max Coupler for my Tentrax. Unfortunately it doesn't work. The holes on the Max Coupler where the pin goes to secure it to the trailer side don't go back far enough to match the Tentrax tongue. Even removing the zerk so that it slides into the tongue further doesn't get it far enough back. It didn't even occur to me to try and measure the distance between the front of the tongue and the hole for the pin before purchasing.

For future reference, the Max Coupler does not work with a stock Tentrax tongue. Anyone want to buy a lightly used Max Coupler? :snorkel:

TheThom

Adventurer
So I bought a lightly used Max Coupler for my Tentrax. Unfortunately it doesn't work. The holes on the Max Coupler where the pin goes to secure it to the trailer side don't go back far enough to match the Tentrax tongue. Even removing the zerk so that it slides into the tongue further doesn't get it far enough back. It didn't even occur to me to try and measure the distance between the front of the tongue and the hole for the pin before purchasing.

For future reference, the Max Coupler does not work with a stock Tentrax tongue. Anyone want to buy a lightly used Max Coupler? :snorkel:

Can you just drill new holes in the tongue?

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I've doneit several times /w pintle/L&R hitch's and because the Tentrax is under 1000lbs--

I considered that but I'm unsure how it would effect the integrity of the tongue. Maybe it wouldnt matter?

No problemo after over six years !

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

squinko

Observer
Got the new Maxcoupler hitch put on. Took it out and did a little testing. Man, that thing works great! It allowed the trailer to track everywhere my Jeep went. Pretty awesome!

1510663_10203553604423295_356018756_n.jpg

1391443_10203553594383044_4401292_n.jpg

Last edited:

ih8philly

Adventurer
Got the new Maxcoupler hitch put on. Took it out and did a little testing. Man, that thing works great! It aloud the trailer to track everywhere my Jeep went. Pretty awesome!

Did you have to drill additional holes in the trailer tongue to get it to work?

squinko

Observer
Did you have to drill additional holes in the trailer tongue to get it to work?

Yes. The shank was shorter on the Max Coupler than the hitch that came with the trailer. I only had to drill one hold in the trailer tongue and it fit fine. If you want a pic I can run out and take one.

Benny.

squinko

Observer
Who has a spare tire attached to their Tentrax? I thought I saw a pic somewhere of yours Jimbo that had a tire on the back.

Curious how it is mounted. I want to add a spare tire.

Thanks,
Benny.

epemdoc

Just purchased a used 2007 Tentrax trailer, very excited. I am thinking of adding a swing away jack. Does anyone have any advice on which model would work best. I don't mind making an investment on a good product. Thanks!

ih8philly

Adventurer
I didn't notice much of a quality difference when I was shopping for a jack. They all seem about the same. I wish I could find a slightly taller one but there is only so much space before it hits the front tongue box. The Fulton F2 was my favorite looking jack but I didn't like it at 2-3x the cost of its competitors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3