Tentrax!

outsidecurtisp

Observer
Yah, just been kinda lazy. Working a long stretch of nights. Long shifts kinda kill the day. I got the tub back last Thursday. Mounted it on the frame the same day. It is great. Anyone who is considering it should just go for it. I love it. Last Friday I converted the Jeep to 7 pin. That was fairly easy the second time. Passenger side!!!! duh. Then for the trailer I pulled the new wire for the 7 pin. That's basically where I am at right now. Just trying to finish everything. The paint for the lid will hopefully arrive Tuesday. I am going to do camo green Plasti-Dip over the black gelcoat. Should look pretty good. As soon as I finish the lid I will put some pictures up for you guys.

Dave Schramm

i am looking at all my options for an off road trailer.can one of you folks post up some pics of the tub loaded with your camping gear?
y'all have some nice trailers and ideas for mods....

thank you in advance
Dave

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Spent a few hours installing a DC power system in my dry-box. I got the Optima Yellow Top, Guest charger and breaker/distribution box installed along with the shore charging inlet and one 12v outlet. I plan on adding an MPPT charge controller to go along with the folding sale panels shortly. This should allow me to run quite long without the need to top up from AC power.

will be adding a Merit jack on the back to feed the ARB fridge directly using their native plug.

While I admit this adds to the tongue weight, I plan on having my spare mounted n the back of the trailer, which would offset this add.

3yvu9ama.jpg

ruzusygy.jpg

upery4a7.jpg

ih8philly

Adventurer
Is anyone on here running their Tentrax with electric trailer brakes? I am considering adding them to mine to reduce the amount of push I get when going downhill off road. It looks like it would be about $280 in parts (left and right brake assembly, drum hubs, some locking washers and nuts, and wiring) for the trailer and a brake controller. Does the list below look complete?

Nut for Brake Mounting Bolt for 7" and 10" Brake Assemblies
$0.25 $2.50
Lockwasher for Brake Mounting Bolt for 7" and 10" Brake Assemblies
$0.15 $1.50
Jacketed 2 Wire (Brake Wire) - 12 Gauge - per Foot
$0.98 $24.50
10" Nev-R-Adjust Electric Brake Assembly for 3.5K Axles - RH
$48.95 $48.95
10" Nev-R-Adjust Electric Brake Assembly for 3.5K Axles - LH
$48.95 $48.95
Trailer Hub and Drum Assembly - 3,500-lb Axles - 5 on 4-1/2 - E-Z Lube
$53.95 $107.90

outsidecurtisp

Observer
Any updates Curtis?
IMG_2447.jpgIMG_2451.jpg
Haven't done much to the trailer lately. I do have the itch to get away somewhere, hopefully within the next few weeks.
Here's my newest toy. Tiger 800. Lately I have been playing around on that. So far I love it.

Attachments

• IMG_2448.JPG
    IMG_2448.JPG
    389.7 KB · Views: 28

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
Wow that looks great! The wife and I just got done packing some stuff in the Tentrax today we are headed to Moab at the end of the month. Will have more pics after that.:wings:

ih8philly

Adventurer
I really like having a wheel jack on the tongue but I wasnt able to find anything that fits the smaller 2x2 square tubing of the Tentrax. The mounts that come with the jacks are usually made for much larger trailer tubing. So I had my local Jeep shop fab up this very cool mount. The guy did a great job and now it just needs a little paint.

aKYzvSyl.jpg

AZ ADVenturist

Observer
any for sale in AZ or So. West

Are there any Tentrax trlrs for sale in AZ or close by?
Are any going to be @ OX next week end? I'd like to see one
& maybe interested in buying. Thnx, Ric.

ih8philly

Adventurer
View attachment 152564View attachment 152565
Haven't done much to the trailer lately. I do have the itch to get away somewhere, hopefully within the next few weeks.
Here's my newest toy. Tiger 800. Lately I have been playing around on that. So far I love it.
Would you mind sharing what your Linex job cost you? I picked up some rock damage on mine from the tow vehicle when we were in the desert last time. Now the linex has become a higher priority.

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
The LineX cost 500$ it included the wheel wells and about 6" wrap under the belly. Its also the non-fade LineX which is a little more $ then the regular. Im happy with it and plan on taking it out next weekend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3