**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

ljrunner05

Adventurer
If you don't have one already, you might consider the Anti-condensation mat that goes under the mattress. I camped the weekend before last in my Kukenam XL Ruggedized (has the mat) in 8* weather and was quite comfortable.

I don't have one yet, but it's on my list to get. I'll bump it up the list if that will help with the CBS (cold butt syndrome) lol

Box Rocket

I have searched around on the forum but haven't found a thread concerning it, will there be a group buy anytime soon for the Tepui tents? Just making sure there aren't any planned or any currently going on because factoring in a $1K tent to a college kid's budget is a little hectic... :Wow1:
Tepui doesn't do group buys so I wouldn't hold your breath. But there is a discount for forum members.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
I have searched around on the forum but haven't found a thread concerning it, will there be a group buy anytime soon for the Tepui tents? Just making sure there aren't any planned or any currently going on because factoring in a $1K tent to a college kid's budget is a little hectic... :Wow1:

Do your research into RTT's before you buy. If you are in college and don't have a lot of funds something basic now might be the ticket as you might not need the most tricked out rugged, usb plug in's etc tent on the market. And you will see there are more similarities than differences. Where they are made, fabric thickness, design. Not to mention other tent companies have group buys, maybe you should check with them as well as forums like tacomaworld, fj cruiser forums etc to see if there are any that are active since spring is around the corner. Also check the for sale section. You might be able to find one there. Saving money is saving money.

Don't know if this is available, shipping might be a good deal since it's semi close to Ar - http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/167385-For-sale-in-Georgia-Tepui-Kukenam-RTT-(used-once)

Tepui doesn't do group buys so I wouldn't hold your breath. But there is a discount for forum members.

Why don't they? CVT, ARB, Freespirit Recreation etc have all participated in group buys. Does tepui just not need the business?

fredgoodsell

Adventurer

Check REI. Folks have been able to use their dividend and 20% coupon on tepui there in the past.

TacomaAustin

Observer
Correct me, if I'm wrong - but CVT and Tepui do offer on going discounts to members of certain internet forums including this one.

Box Rocket

Do your research into RTT's before you buy. If you are in college and don't have a lot of funds something basic now might be the ticket as you might not need the most tricked out rugged, usb plug in's etc tent on the market. And you will see there are more similarities than differences. Where they are made, fabric thickness, design. Not to mention other tent companies have group buys, maybe you should check with them as well as forums like tacomaworld, fj cruiser forums etc to see if there are any that are active since spring is around the corner. Also check the for sale section. You might be able to find one there. Saving money is saving money.

Don't know if this is available, shipping might be a good deal since it's semi close to Ar - http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/167385-For-sale-in-Georgia-Tepui-Kukenam-RTT-(used-once)

Why don't they? CVT, ARB, Freespirit Recreation etc have all participated in group buys. Does tepui just not need the business?
The reason Tepui doesn't do group buys is because it's important to them to help their dealers be successful. Tepui chooses not to "steal" sales from their dealers through group buys. So they do their best to provide the best product they can to the customer at a great value, and also take care of their partners. It's a win/win for everyone. Tepui is the #1 selling brand because of industry leading quality and customer service and excellent value for the money. Tepui isn't like all the other roof top tent companies.

Correct me, if I'm wrong - but CVT and Tepui do offer on going discounts to members of certain internet forums including this one.

I am able to offer a 10% discount on Tepui tents here on this forum and a few others, along with flat rate shipping.

Box Rocket

whats the ship rate? I think its going to be cheaper for me to order from REI cause I can pick it up from the Store
Shipping rates when ordered through me with 10% forum discount:
Ayer models :$125
Kukenam/Autana Models: $150
XL/Ruggedized Models: $215

Drumber

Observer
whats the ship rate? I think its going to be cheaper for me to order from REI cause I can pick it up from the Store

I'm pretty sure REI has an "Oversized shipping fee" of $160(even when shipped to store), but if you use your 20% coupon it's still a better deal than anywhere else. Member rewards coupons/dividends will be here in March!!!

FlyingScotsman

REI - Tepui Tent Purchase (FAQS)

Couple faq's about purchasing Tepui products from REI:

+ REI 20% coupon does not work on the RTT. Scout their "garage sale" days, as I've seen a few come up every once and a while..
+ Also, there is not an "oversized shipping" fee for the tent when shipped to the store. I picked up my Ayer from REI, Huntington Beach a few months ago. (I believe if shipped to your home, a fee does apply)
+ Plus, if you are a REI member you receive about $80-85 (+/-) in dividend dollars, depending on which model you purchase (price).

They offer their 1-yr return policy on the RTT, which I found kind of odd. But heck, I suppose you can use if for 11 1/2 months and say you'd like to return it- they'll take it back and probably "garage-sale" it I suppose.

I'd highly recommend purchasing your RTT from REI and shipping to a location near you, as it will be received safely, inspected and allows for a hassle-free return if needed. And, you get $ back, if you are a member.

Last edited:

NoOneBetter

Observer
What do you think of the weather hood? I've been thinking about getting one for ours.

Any tips on better insulation for the bottom of the mattress? For the first time, my back got a little cold in the 35 degree weather this weekend.

I've used to weather hood at ~27 degrees F. There was a significant difference in temperature up in the tent with the weather hood on. I'll probably just keep it on for the remainder of the winter season and remove it once its starts getting warmer. I have to say though, its a bit of a pain to get on if you have you tent on the top of your vehicle.

I'd also recommend getting the anti condensation mat. I'm usually fine with just my sleeping bag but sometimes my gf likes to put a quilt or extra blanket down on the mattress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy