**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

Timofeevich

It sounds like you received the wrong weather hood from amazon. The one you were sent sounds like it is for the Autana XL.
Amazon should be able to correct the mistake and send you the correct weatherhood. Are you having it shipped to the Ukraine?

Yes, already received it here and is working on sending it back to Amazon for exchanging or ordering a new one.

To avoid such a mistake happening again when exchanging/ordering a new one, can you please help me to find out TWO IMPORTANT POINTS in respect of each of five types of Weatherhoods that are being sold by Tepui Tents (on their website and via Amazon), e.g. :

1. WIDTH of each type of Weatherhood, i.e. 48", or 56", or 72"

2. STYLE of each type of Weatherhood, i.e. if Weatherhood is made WITH extention over the ledder covering entry area, or WITHOUT one.

TENT PRICE WIDTH STYLE
1. Ayer $200.00 48" / 56" / 72" ??? WITH/WITHOUT extension ???
2. Kukenam $225.00 48" / 56" / 72" ??? WITH/WITHOUT extension ???
3. Kukenam XL $245.00 48" / 56" / 72" ??? WITH/WITHOUT extension ???
4. Autana $245.00 48" / 56" / 72" ??? WITH/WITHOUT extension ???
5. Autana XL $275.00 48" / 56" / 72" ??? WITH/WITHOUT extension ???

Thanks !

Box Rocket

Yes, already received it here and is working on sending it back to Amazon for exchanging or ordering a new one.

To avoid such a mistake happening again when exchanging/ordering a new one, can you please help me to find out TWO IMPORTANT POINTS in respect of each of five types of Weatherhoods that are being sold by Tepui Tents (on their website and via Amazon), e.g. :

1. WIDTH of each type of Weatherhood, i.e. 48", or 56", or 72"

2. STYLE of each type of Weatherhood, i.e. if Weatherhood is made WITH extention over the ledder covering entry area, or WITHOUT one.

TENT PRICE WIDTH STYLE
1. Ayer $200.00 48" / 56" / 72" ??? WITH/WITHOUT extension ???
2. Kukenam $225.00 48" / 56" / 72" ??? WITH/WITHOUT extension ???
3. Kukenam XL $245.00 48" / 56" / 72" ??? WITH/WITHOUT extension ???
4. Autana $245.00 48" / 56" / 72" ??? WITH/WITHOUT extension ???
5. Autana XL $275.00 48" / 56" / 72" ??? WITH/WITHOUT extension ???

Thanks !
The only Tepui models that have the extension are the Autana and Autana XL. All Ayer and Kukenam Models do not have an extension.
The 72" model will be the XL. So you will need the standard 56" Kukenam weatherhood.

Timofeevich

Box Rocket, thanks a lot for clarification ! That really helped !
It is now 100% clear that instead of receving the Weatherhood for Kukenam (not XL) I've got the Weatherhood for Autana XL.

Box Rocket

If you're attending Overland Expo West this weekend, be sure to stop by and check out some cool new stuff from Tepui.

dmwhiteman

Observer
:sombrero: Sorry I can't see any reason for use of ANY FOAM--unless, of course---you're in a hurry-

This mattress is the best I've found in years-

Feb%202016%20001_zpslyzafuj3.jpg

Tepui-Lightspeed%20mnattress%20004_zpshhltvbus.jpg

Whatever

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO
When opening the tent, do you ever have any issues of pinching the mattress? I punch the fabric of the foam all the time. I'd be worried of putting a hole it in with first use.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

dmwhiteman

Observer
Cletus26, are you able to use the Annex with the tent being so low?

Reason I ask is I'm 5'9" and have a Subaru Outback that's ~5.5" tall from ground to top of roof racks and I'm trying to decide between Kukenam Sky 3 and the Autana Sky and wondering if my Subaru is to low to utilize the annex.
I've seen setups where people roll the top of the annex so that the bottom is still straight with the ground. I haven't figured out the trick and no one has been around when I've seen the tent like that. Even with my cab height rack and 3" lift I still get sag in my annex.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Nope, I leave the stock foam in and that protects the mattress--

You just have to be careful when closing up the tent and be sure to adjust the alignments--

good luck

:costumed-smiley-007:bike_rider: JIMBO

Box Rocket

For those of us not at the Expo, any info you can share about the new stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A couple of noteworthy things are the release of the patented "Zipper Gimp" feature being added to the full lineup of tents that allows canopies to be changed quickly. This feature will allow you swap (for example) from the Mesh or Ultralite canopy used on the Baja series tents to a Heavy Duty Ruggedized canopy in just a couple minutes, giving you the ability to have the perfect tent setup for any conditions without the need of multiple tents.
https://tepuitents.com/blogs/tales-from-the-road/tepui-tents-awarded-utility-patent
The other is the White Lightning Hardshell tents have finally started to come off the production line and should be available soon. These unique hardshell tents have some cool features like an industry leading low profile design that is only 8" high when the tent is closed. This not only makes for better aerodynamics but can make it easier to fit your lifted vehicle in your garage again if you haven't been able to with larger tents. It also has "rack ready" load bars incorporated into the top so you can attach your bikes or paddle boards or other toys right to the top of the tent. The gas struts used on the tent can be changed out to accommodate whatever weight requirements you have for the things you want to carry on top. Tepui recommends a max load of 60lbs.
https://tepuitents.com/products/white-lightning-hard-shell

Box Rocket

Adam, after a few rounds of Canyonlands dust, the cover zipper on my Autana is getting a little stiff to pull. I'll clean it up and get it back in order, but has Tepui considered offering an upgraded, brass replacement zipper? I think a brass zipper may fare better in harsh conditions. I also plan to replace the thick, plastic mounts on the four compression straps with thinner metal ones, as those seem to be the points that stress the zipper the most.

Other than that, I'm still very happy with the RTT. I've recently had several questions about it, and I'll send the serious inquiries your way. I still have the original mattress in since I decided to save the new luxury model from exposure to TripLeader. : )
Any zipper can get "tight" when exposed to dusty conditions. Tepui recommends periodic coating of the zipper with beeswax to keep it lubricated and working smoothly. Personally I spray a bit of silicone spray on the zipper after particularly dusty trips and it helps the zipper work buttery smooth again.

TRYAGAIN

I just received and installed my Teupi Autana Ruggedized Sky tent and absolutely love it! The install process was easy and set up takes only a few minutes. I can't wait to get out in the field with this tent, and the craftsmanship of the Ruggedized versions is totally worth the extra $$.

Here's a short time lapse of the install process!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLDihFqONpw

C.L.H

Love the tepui line but just a bit too pricey for me.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
For the price range I would probably have no choice but to go with the Smittybilt 2783. That would keep me under a thousand for some good square footage. I must say I do love the ruggedized Tepui though!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy